Aftermarket Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, this goes to my question I asked on the previous page of this thread. If I get the methods w/ 0 offset, or the Fuels w/+6 or +14, or the Robby Gordons w/+25 (assume all of these are 17x8.5) can I do this without my tires hitting the flares and rubbing:

I seriously doubt you could do that in the rear on a 0 offset vs 34 stock

That extra 1.4 "stance" will almost certainly rub in the rear when squatted down like that

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, this goes to my question I asked on the previous page of this thread. If I get the methods w/ 0 offset, or the Fuels w/+6 or +14, or the Robby Gordons w/+25 (assume all of these are 17x8.5) can I do this without my tires hitting the flares and rubbing:

I can just speak from my gen 1 experience with 0 offset...they tuck. This was with the oem 315s. 56ad78ca839734ce8ec0ade7c2a6b690.jpg0c166e8f79087f8826dae814ac3acf80.jpg

This is with k02 35's and they tuck pretty well, but do rub about 1" of the flare and barely kiss the liners.
96939e03ee2e955ad700ddbed311e19e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Hmm i expected comments like this :) Coming from sport cars territory with no experience. This is my first truck. I just like the bigger wheels but you push me to reconsider it. They do same wheel also in 18".....

It's also the offset that'll get you flamed around here. Any negative offset wheels are no good for fully utilizing your suspension without fender damage. I get some people like their tires to stick out and look "aggressive", but that's not what the Raptor is about. Heck, if I didn't like a little bit of stance I'd be better of with a more positive offset wheel and my suspension mods make me run a 0 offset.

Fall in line FRF crony and buy some methods[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kansan

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You can go with a wider wheel than 8.5 on stock tires. if you see a 17x9 you like for instance.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mluis11 - Thank you!! This is the info I've been looking for. So, if the wheel well dimensions are the same between Gen 1 and Gen 2, then we should be able to fit a 0 offset wheel (e.g. Method) or greater offset wheel using stock tires, without seeing rubbing issues (again assume a 17x8.5 wheel). This is good news!

I'm looking at some 17x9 +20 (equivalent to 17x8.5 +14) Fuels. The tire will be 0.79" further out than stock and this should be no problem. Sweet!

Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

You can go with a wider wheel than 8.5 on stock tires. if you see a 17x9 you like for instance.

Kansan, yes absolutely. I'm actually looking at Fuel Mavericks 17x9 + 20.

BTW, any chance you want to do a couple of your awesome photoshop jobs with an Avalanche Screw and the Mavericks and the KMC Robby Gordons? Purty please?:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

I seriously doubt you could do that in the rear on a 0 offset vs 34 stock

That extra 1.4 "stance" will almost certainly rub in the rear when squatted down like that

Well Bajafred, I would have thought the same thing by eyeing it, but Mluis11's post has given me hope!!!

If any of you Gen 2 guys out there with aftermarket wheels with the larger "stance" do some wheelin soon, please let us know how it goes. Thanks!

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While the Raptor is a different beast, I'm going off what happened with my 2015

My effective offset changed 15mm, and I would get a rub easily at full lock on either side on a level street ie no compression or extension while turned

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
While the Raptor is a different beast, I'm going off what happened with my 2015

My effective offset changed 15mm, and I would get a rub easily at full lock on either side on a level street ie no compression or extension while turned

The wheel wells are much different. You can get away with a wider variety of fitments on the raptors for daily driving. While the wider more aggressive fitments may not rub at the mall, they'll tear your inner fender out if you actually use your truck off road. Take this riced out fitment for example. 20x12's on a GEN2 SMH

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 433

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wheel wells are much different. You can get away with a wider variety of fitments on the raptors for daily driving. While the wider more aggressive fitments may not rub at the mall, they'll tear your inner fender out if you actually use your truck off road. Take this riced out fitment for example. 20x12's on a GEN2 SMH

We're saying the same thing, I got rub without even stressing my truck with a mild change to offset

He was curious if 0 offset is going to rub when pushed to the limit, max squat or maybe full articulation when turned

I'm willing to bet that will easily rub when being pushed off road like his pictures, that's almost 1.5" further out

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Customwheels4U, thanks for the feedback. That's an extreme example you attached, and definitely not the direction I want to go. I just want some aftermarket wheels that will not negatively impact off-road ability. I'm not a big fan of the KMC Holeshot (perfect size/offset match to stock), but as you mentioned in another post, the KMC Robby Gordons are pretty close to stock, only pushing the tire out an extra 0.35" over stock. I would rather have the Fuel mavericks which would push the tire out 0.79" over stock. Do you think either of these wheels w/stock tires will rub under full compression? Or do we just not know at this point because so few Gen 2s have had off road time with aftermarket wheels?

Curse Ford and its bead lock constraint! Argh...:mad:

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

We're saying the same thing, I got rub without even stressing my truck with a mild change to offset

He was curious if 0 offset is going to rub when pushed to the limit, max squat or maybe full articulation when turned

I'm willing to bet that will easily rub when being pushed off road like his pictures, that's almost 1.5" further out

Thanks for the input BajaFred. Even though I like the Methods, I don't think I would push my luck with the 0 offset. As mentioned above, I'd probably go with something more middle of the road offset-wise.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I was saying the opposite actually. Raptor fender wells are so much bigger and accommodating than F150's that you "can" run a 17x8.5 at a +00 offset and just barely rub at full compression as @Mluis11 explained about his GEN1 with OEM 315's. That being said I'd imagine the new wheel wells are the same size or larger meaning the +00 should not be an issue. The fact that 15mm gave you issues on the F150 goes to show you how different the fender wells are on each truck.

Customwheels4U, thanks for the feedback. That's an extreme example you attached, and definitely not the direction I want to go. I just want some aftermarket wheels that will not negatively impact off-road ability. I'm not a big fan of the KMC Holeshot (perfect size/offset match to stock), but as you mentioned in another post, the KMC Robby Gordons are pretty close to stock, only pushing the tire out an extra 0.35" over stock. I would rather have the Fuel mavericks which would push the tire out 0.79" over stock. Do you think either of these wheels w/stock tires will rub under full compression?

Explanation above. Even Fuels 9's at + 20 are 14mm recessed from where the Methods sit. You should be good. :happy107: