AFE Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tragik

Reaction score
I just got the stage two dry s AFE setup whithout the cover since I got it from AutoAnything...but around 2K rpm it's fricken loud I can feel the vibration on the gas pedal is this normal?? Will a cover fix it??

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the AFE retain the rectangular resonator at the throttle body or did you have to remove it?
AFE goes straight into the throttle body... removes resonator box.

I personally love the sound, to others (like the OP) it may be too loud for their taste.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The cover is worth it! After running through the mud, Sunday at tge Texas Raptor Run...

Everything in my engine compartment is covered with mud, if I did not have a cover. My filter would have been soaking wet and muddy!

-Greg

OP
OP
tragik

tragik

Reaction score
Alright I guess I'll give it a try before I give up on Afe.

Thanks!

One more thing 5stars metal cover or afe's plastic one. Afe's cheaper but looks killer and 5stars is well METAL.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AFE goes straight into the throttle body... removes resonator box.

Which is fine if you LIKE intake honk. I do, always have, but you can always have too much of a good thing. Like if you hear it all the time. (You may think your woman's laugh is musical, but you'd have a different opinion if she laughed every waking hour.) So I bought an AIRAID because it retains the intake resonator.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran 5 Star's metal cover on mine for the Texas Raptor Run. No meaningful difference in sound in my opinion - still loud but I like it. Agree with GJM re the cover and keeping intake clean. A power steering hose came off during the Run and unloaded a quart of ATF right at the intake. Without the lid, I would have been screwed (well, more screwed than I already was).