Added tailgate applique!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I wonder if any of the aftermarket will eventually offer a different applique. I do agree that the contrast of the applique sets off the rear end nicely (I have a silver so it will be a nice breakup), however, I am not so crazy about the size 125 font FORD lettering. A stealth applique with no branding or a different one would be nice. Maybe I'll talk to my guy who is going to apply 3M film on the sides to do the roof and tailgate applique in gloss black? hm...

Those DOOD tailgate appliqués [emoji23]

OP
OP
thetasigma1186

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats fantastic, how can i order one. All the raptors ordered through dealer in UAE dont come with rear applique i want to order and have it installed but not sure how to order the applique alone.

I just called the dealer. It was on back order, but that was about a week. Fairly reasonable @ $525 in my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Nice work. Looks great!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks!

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FairwayFord

My dealer said the could not find he part#.. Does any one have them?

Look on EBay. Fairway has them for sale there.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

I just called the dealer. It was on back order, but that was about a week. Fairly reasonable @ $525 in my opinion!

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Thanks!

Mine just arrived, dropped tailgate off at the dealer this morning, hope it turns out as well as yours. They were very hesitant until I showed them your post!!

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boom!!!

Dropped it off this morning, and Gorno Ford had it done by 2pm. LOVE IT!!! Completes the truck for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1918.jpg
    IMG_1918.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1919.jpg
    IMG_1919.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 141

jakeO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on EBay. Fairway has them for sale there.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Mine just arrived, dropped tailgate off at the dealer this morning, hope it turns out as well as yours. They were very hesitant until I showed them your post!!

Can you get a close up shot of the tail light / tail gate when you get it put on. i worry about how far it sticks out.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fits Perfectly

Can you get a close up shot of the tail light / tail gate when you get it put on. i worry about how far it sticks out.

Does not stick out. Literally looks like or better than the factory installed one when we parked them side by side and did a closeup inspection. Follows the contours of the tailgate perfectly. The dealer shaved enough of the mounting tabs and other material off to allow it to lay flush.

Sorry about the sideways shots, can't figure out how to turn them upright

Attachments

• IMG_1922.jpg
    IMG_1922.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1923.jpg
    IMG_1923.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
thetasigma1186

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does not stick out. Literally looks like or better than the factory installed one when we parked them side by side and did a closeup inspection. Follows the contours of the tailgate perfectly. The dealer shaved enough of the mounting tabs and other material off to allow it to lay flush.

Sorry about the sideways shots, can't figure out how to turn them upright

I agree. It doesn't stick out as far as I thought it would. Looks like it was meant to be!

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for opening this thread

I agree. It doesn't stick out as far as I thought it would. Looks like it was meant to be!

Im so glad you posted your picks. I bought my truck as a dealer order, drove 2 hours to pick it up (MSRP), and the first thing I did was check the tailgate to see if it had the appliqué. Was somewhat disappointed when it did not, but I was not going to pass on the price I was getting the truck for. This thing has made the truck for me, all thanks to you.