ACC Sensor Alignment after New Bumper ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This weekend on a long trip between Houston and San Antonio, I decided to try the Adaptive Cruise Control. Unfortunately, I kept getting the "Sensor Blocked" messages while driving on a perfectly sunny day with no rain. If I changed the Cruise Control to Normal and back again, the sensor would work for some amount of time, before complaining about being blocked. After researching the issue, I believe my sensor is out of alignment due to the new location.

When I changed my bumper, the ACC sensor was moved into my grille just above the "D" using the brackets on the Full Race IC I had installed at the same time. I can see the sensor behind the grille and it is not dirty, nor is it blocked by anything other than the plastic honey comb of the grille.

Does anyone know how to align the sensor using the three bolts?

If not, any idea how much the dealer will charge to align and calibrate an ACC sensor that was moved?

Raptor 2018 ACC Sensor.jpg

Raptor 2018 ACC Sensor Close.jpg

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nobody has tried to align their ACC sensor after adding a new bumper? I found this site from 6 years ago which shows the three bolts on other cars are used to adjust the vertical and horizontal alignment, but the sensor looks very different than ours. Seems plausible since our sensors also use three bolts.

https://rts.i-car.com/images/pdf/oem-info/chrysler/service-bulletins/13499.pdf

Does anyone know if the ACC uses the front camera for anything? My bumper and lights partially block my front camera, which does not bother me unless the ACC is using it as another sensor.

Huttomitch

Reaction score
According to the Ford calibration procedure, the front face of the sensor should be leveled vertically with a combination square when the truck is parked on a level surface. The horizontal alignment is done automatically through the truck/sensor software. I'm not sure of an easy way to check the alignment through the honeycomb grille though. Might need to make a tool that can attach to a level and reach through the grille to sit flat on the face of the sensor.

miloaksrider

Reaction score
TXRaptor, any luck? Having same issue. Unable to get ACC working again after several tries of realignment.

Jamie Wise

Reaction score
I’ve been reading through this forum trying to find instances of people who have successfully relocated the ACC sensor without issue. They seem to be few and far between. There is a guy on IG @lawndartdesign, who said he’s relocated his without issue, so may be worth sending him a message?

miloaksrider

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Jamie. Ditto for me. I'll keep trying/researching and post when/if resolved.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Relocated mine and had no issues whatsoever. Don’t know that I can help though as it was seem less.

Installed it in the same location as TX Raptor did. Mines an 18. Been working great for the last 2 months

Sam

Johnnyo33

Reaction score
I’ve been reading through this forum trying to find instances of people who have successfully relocated the ACC sensor without issue. They seem to be few and far between. There is a guy on IG @lawndartdesign, who said he’s relocated his without issue, so may be worth sending him a message?
No