AC issues in Texas heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one modification that will help the A/C cool the truck easier is Ceramic Window Tint. Have it on all my glass (windshield as well, 95%) and it helps immensely. The truck probably cools down in about 60% the time it would take without the tint (especially in full sun).

This... Can't tell you how much I miss ceramic tint. Unfortunately I didn't order my Raptor and it already had $tealer tint (shit) on it. Now I have to find a good shop to not only apply, but remove.

I also live in Central Texas and my last vehicle was black. Not a problem with 2007 era ceramic tint on a daily driver.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a dirty evap will give u less air ,but ir would be colder ,a dirty evaporations does not cause warmer air
Oh the evap was cold, almost to the point of freezing up, but with maybe 5-10% airflow it wasn’t enough to cool the air coming out of the vents 20 degrees or more below ambient. New Mexico it was 108-110 with zero humidity, Texas and Arkansas 90-100 with almost 100% humidity, it didn’t cool. Now I have to turn it up or it’s too cold.

Green Goblin

Reaction score
I’m in TX as well, 2019 SCREW. The AC isn’t as effective as my other vehicles. The real trouble is keeping my two toddlers cool in the back. There’s absolutely zero coverage for car seats. I’ve had to use Noogles mounted in the front so it’s even worse for me. Oh well, still beats driving a F’ing minivan.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get the Ceramic tint.

My truck also had the crap Tint from the dealer, so I left it on for a while. After a couple of 100+ days in Houston, I did full ceramic everywhere but the windshield. They only charged me an extra $25 to remove the fake dealer tint off the two front windows, so it was reasonable. I also did 80% ceramic on my two moon roofs.

The truck is noticeably cooler when I get in it and has no problems keeping up with 100+ days in Texas. I often have to turn it down to keep from freezing.

Get the Ceramic tint. :cool:

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This... Can't tell you how much I miss ceramic tint. Unfortunately I didn't order my Raptor and it already had $tealer tint (shit) on it. Now I have to find a good shop to not only apply, but remove.

I also live in Central Texas and my last vehicle was black. Not a problem with 2007 era ceramic tint on a daily driver.

https://www.lonestartint.com/

there you go.

also just so happens the owner has a raptor

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://lexenfilm.com/products/koolmax-2ply-supreme-ceramic-window-film-roll

If you don't have the windows in your home. yep I said your home, tinted already. get on it.

Every room in my home facing west has been tinted. I cannot speak more highly for the above product. Completely changes the feel of a room, and I just did 50% for the house windows.

Same goes for your truck/car

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 Raptor has a stuck blend door so it stays half cold and half warm. It's the driver side so in the winter its a little chilly and warm in the summer. The passenger side works good.