AC issues in Texas heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 18 seems to do quite well in the heat. No complaints really as long as you’re in the front seats. The rear vents don’t move a whole lot of air. Tints help a lot as does a sun shade when parked. TFL actually did an AC challenge between an F150, Ram and Silverado a couple years ago and the F150 won.

Edit: The test was actually just between the Ford and RAM

TeeToGreenUGA

Reaction score
Any Houston recommendations?

American Detail in Cypress. https://www.americandetail.com/about

Chance and Greg do great work. Had them do full Xpel Stealth, ceramic coating and Xpel on all windows and sunroof.

2020 LeadFoot 802A
My Mods:
Cobb Stage 2 (intercooler/intake/accessport)
GooseTuned 93/E50
Builtright Rack System/back seat release/Molle Bags/Rotopax bracket
Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit
Xpel Full Stealth Wrap
Xpel Ceramic Tint 20 all around and moon roof and front glass done as well
G2 Brake Caliper Custom Paint M5 Monte Carlo Blue (Also did the front and rear tow hooks)
Sunrise Tactical Molle underseat and back of seat Cover (Kryptic Typhon Color)
****** Max 360C Hardwired
Baja Designs Unlimited
Baja Designs On6x+

bpetty13

Reaction score
American Detail in Cypress. https://www.americandetail.com/about

Chance and Greg do great work. Had them do full Xpel Stealth, ceramic coating and Xpel on all windows and sunroof.

2020 LeadFoot 802A
My Mods:
Cobb Stage 2 (intercooler/intake/accessport)
GooseTuned 93/E50
Builtright Rack System/back seat release/Molle Bags/Rotopax bracket
Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit
Xpel Full Stealth Wrap
Xpel Ceramic Tint 20 all around and moon roof and front glass done as well
G2 Brake Caliper Custom Paint M5 Monte Carlo Blue (Also did the front and rear tow hooks)
Sunrise Tactical Molle underseat and back of seat Cover (Kryptic Typhon Color)
****** Max 360C Hardwired
Baja Designs Unlimited
Baja Designs On6x+

Got any pics of your truck that you can share? I’d love to see it. I just dropped my truck off this morning for Xpel Stealth, Xpel Fusion ceramic coating, & tint. Can’t wait to get it back!

TeeToGreenUGA

Reaction score
Got any pics of your truck that you can share? I’d love to see it. I just dropped my truck off this morning for Xpel Stealth, Xpel Fusion ceramic coating, & tint. Can’t wait to get it back!

I actually haven’t taken a picture of the truck since it was completed, but here are a couple during the process of getting the stealth applied. You can see the blue break calipers if you squint in the first pic and the tow hooks in the second one. I’ll try to remember to take some pics next time I’m in it.

m70NbE4.jpg

BKdpqX2.jpg

kUCdklm.jpg

bpetty13

Reaction score
I actually haven’t taken a picture of the truck since it was completed, but here are a couple during the process of getting the stealth applied. You can see the blue break calipers if you squint in the first pic and the tow hooks in the second one. I’ll try to remember to take some pics next time I’m in it.

m70NbE4.jpg

BKdpqX2.jpg

kUCdklm.jpg

That looks great! Mine is Oxford White. I can’t wait to get my truck back!