GEN 1 Ac/heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it could still be blend door motor issue, there are 3 different ones (assuming dual zone HVAC); one controls the hot/cold door on driver's side, one controls hot/cold on passenger side, one controls floor/vent/defrost. @Raptorguy15 is it dual zone and if so the same on both sides? Have you ever heard any clicking sounds from under there?

OP
OP
R

Raptorguy15

Reaction score
I think it could still be blend door motor issue, there are 3 different ones (assuming dual zone HVAC); one controls the hot/cold door on driver's side, one controls hot/cold on passenger side, one controls floor/vent/defrost. @Raptorguy15 is it dual zone and if so the same on both sides? Have you ever heard any clicking sounds from under there?
No i haven’t heard any clicking I had been without the ac for about a month or so cause I hadn’t driven the truck much but before it wasn’t making a clicking sound and now it isn’t either. I called Ford dealership and yes they did let me know that there’s 2 of them since it’s dual control. I’m gonna go take it to get it scanned see if they find anything else before I start taking it apart! But thanks guys gonna keep y’all updated!

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck! I'd definitely make sure the A/C compressor is even engaging when set to Max A/C and "LO", if not you (or the shop) can diagnose the mechanical/electrical R134a system, and if so the blend doors/control unit/control electrical side...