GEN 1 Ac/heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy15

Reaction score
I’m having issues on my gen 1 I had to replace the resistor on my truck it wasn’t blowing anything now it’s blowing but i can’t change it to hot or cold just stays in the middle any help on what could the issue be?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m having issues on my gen 1 I had to replace the resistor on my truck it wasn’t blowing anything now it’s blowing but i can’t change it to hot or cold just stays in the middle any help on what could the issue be?
Welcome to the place. So the blower works in all speeds and it will blow out the defrost, the vents and the floor? Just can't control the temperature setting? There is no A/c and or no Heat available? Is this correct?

OP
OP
R

Raptorguy15

Reaction score
Welcome to the place. So the blower works in all speeds and it will blow out the defrost, the vents and the floor? Just can't control the temperature setting? There is no A/c and or no Heat available? Is this correct?
Yes it blows everywhere feet, defrost i can change where and it works fine. Just can’t adj to hot or cold stays the same?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you able to physically change the temperature settings on the screen (you have nav?). Have you opened the hood and seen the A/C compressor engage the clutch and stay engaged while trying to cool the truck?

OP
OP
R

Raptorguy15

Reaction score
Yes mine had the screen with the nav, and no I haven’t tried that it! It wasn’t working the resistor was bad but before I changed the resistor it was blowing cool air but very low and only when the truck was running?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can try disconnecting your battery for a few minutes and see if that allows it to reset, otherwise you may need a scanner to see what’s going on. Maybe @FordTechOne has ideas?