A Ford tech's take on "THE CLUNK" (THE ONE and ONLY CLUNK THREAD)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Idk... all I heard was a slight clug, clug! HAhahaaaaaa. :jester:

So ya did hear it! HAhahaaaa. Just put the courser on the slide bar at 31 seconds, left click, clunk clunk, varooooooom then left click, CLUNK CLUNK Varoom, CLUNCK CLUNK VAROOOM. HAhahaaa. I wish someone would just edit it for that 2 seconds so its a continuous loop. HAhahaaaaa. Its louder inside the truck than 10 feet back where that camera is. Resinates through the cab. Someone send this clip to FORD! HAhahaaaaaaa.

BDRAG

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think so... that was him going from Park to drive..... thats normal. The clunk would have been when the tires first started rolling... towards the end he has his foot on the brake then takes off..... no clunk to be heard there....and thats when it would happen

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I don't think so... that was him going from Park to drive..... thats normal. The clunk would have been when the tires first started rolling... towards the end he has his foot on the brake then takes off..... no clunk to be heard there....and thats when it would happen

Oh HECK NO! HAHahaaaaa. Listen and watch again. You hear what you may call the park to drive clunk. I give ya that one. The Double Clunk is 1/4 revalotion into the take off. Really! HAhahaaaaa.

BDRAG

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I'm not going to say it isn't there but the only sound I can hear is the driver shifting from park to drive. I have listened to it over and over and I just can't hear anything else.

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm cramming my headphone into my ear and can't hear it either, I do think I saw Elvis in the back of that truck however....Lol

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I'm cramming my headphone into my ear and can't hear it either, I do think I saw Elvis in the back of that truck however....Lol

O.K. you DEAF- SHORT BUS RIDERS!, Are all of you wearing 1960 football helmets right now and drooling on the keyboard? ( no offense ment in the real world hear) If a more than HALF a century old F A T guy can hear it, you can. There are 3, THREE distintive CLINK CLUNKS HERD!

Park to rive ping, then 1/2 a second later Clu CLUNK. The wheel turns or goes about a foot and CLU CLUNK. or CLU CLINK or SQUINK SQUNK or howEVER you wanna hear it! AHhahaaaaaa. Ya'll are DEEEEEEF!

BDRAG

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Lol BDRAG!
I heard it the first time - but I knew what to listen for because I had been listening to it for about 12,000 miles on my truck. It's associated with that squeek sound in the vid.

hungerforraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey BDRAG, I heard the "CLU CLUNK" sound. I heard at the 32second mark and again at the 51-52 second mark.

Its the same sound that my SCrew makes, and it only has 1800 miles on it, but not worried, figure Ford will come up with a fix at some point.