A few Auction buys for Raptor today..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sunday morning, was out for a cruise and noticed a sign for a home content auction today. Was going to start in 15 minutes so I went to check it out. Clearly was an older person that passed away as the house was full of stuff.

Already had a folding Shovel and Axe in Big Blue, but current stuff, not vintage. Amazing the quality difference between stuff made today versus in the 40s/50s or 60s.

Got a WWII folding shovel..You can get these all day long at Army/Navy stores, but I have not seen many with Wooden handles. The shovel head is twice as thick as my new one.

Also got a Vintage Hand Axe. Its beautiful. The owner had it engraved with his name. Barely used. Based on metal plate on the bottom, Im guessing from the 50s/60s. The handle appears to be a multi-color wood veneer.

I paid $20 for both. Looks like the same two items on Ebay would run $150. I know the previous owner is looking down and smiling, knowing these items found a loving new home in my Raptor. :waytogo:

Attachments

• auction.jpg
    auction.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 74

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice find. About your tailgate, did you line-x around the stripper pole or is that the bed rug?

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sunday morning, was out for a cruise and noticed a sign for a home content auction today. Was going to start in 15 minutes so I went to check it out. Clearly was an older person that passed away as the house was full of stuff.

Already had a folding Shovel and Axe in Big Blue, but current stuff, not vintage. Amazing the quality difference between stuff made today versus in the 40s/50s or 60s.

Got a WWII folding shovel..You can get these all day long at Army/Navy stores, but I have not seen many with Wooden handles. The shovel head is twice as thick as my new one.

Also got a Vintage Hand Axe. Its beautiful. The owner had it engraved with his name. Barely used. Based on metal plate on the bottom, Im guessing from the 50s/60s. The handle appears to be a multi-color wood veneer.

I paid $20 for both. Looks like the same two items on Ebay would run $150. I know the previous owner is looking down and smiling, knowing these items found a loving new home in my Raptor. :waytogo:

I own that same axe. Had it for over 30 years since I was a boy scout. Sharpen it on the grinder and it lasts for ever.