GEN 2 A/C not pushing out as much air as it should

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nabizzy

Reaction score
Howdy everyone,
I have a 2018 SCREW f150 with the ecoboost.

I have been having an issue with the AC, which arises after either having the remote start on for 5+ minutes before entering the truck, or after driving for a while (30+ minutes). When I start the truck up from inside normally, the issue doesnt arise until we have been driving around for a bit.

The issue is that the A/C does not blow as hard as it should. It does make the air it is blowing cold or hot in accordance with the temp setting, but for example if I have the fan cranked up to max (7 speed), the volume of air coming out of the vents is like the fan is on setting 1 or 2.

The dealership has replaced the blower motor, and the battery, neither of which fixed the issue.

I had my mechanic check it out, and he also replaced the blower motor for me (I was having a hard time trusting that the dealership did it right so I asked him to do it too), and he noted that when he opened up the area to replace the motor, there was a decent amount of moisture/water in the area. He thinks that maybe the drains from the windows/sunroof could be affecting this.

I am not at all mechanically inclined if you couldnt tell, so I was hoping someone could advise me regarding a few things

1) Does my mechanics suggestion make sense? If yes, how would I tell the Ford dealership to do this to fix it?

2) Has anyone experience anything similar and if so what did you do to fix it?

Thank y'all for your time and help

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
do you have the controllers set to blow through more than 1 outlet? There’s defrost, dash vents and floor. if you select them all, you will need 6 or 7 to get decent flow out of the vents. Even with just 2 selected, velocity is way down. There’s a lot of duct work...