6 year 100k bumper2bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Save your money and use it to buy upgrades, mods etc.. best to invest in a tune and stuff rather than a extended warranty

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
If I purchase a Ford vehicle, do I have to buy the ESP at the time of purchase, or could I wait say 2-1/2 yrs then purchase it for added coverage. Any automatic cost increase if you wait (aside from any annual cost increases across the board from the company)?

Wondering this as well. Also where is the best place to buy a Ford ESP?

boss301

Reaction score
If I purchase a Ford vehicle, do I have to buy the ESP at the time of purchase, or could I wait say 2-1/2 yrs then purchase it for added coverage. Any automatic cost increase if you wait (aside from any annual cost increases across the board from the company)?
From my understanding the longer you wait the more expensive it gets

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Many moons ago, I went back to the dealer I bought my wife's explorer and got Fords ESP since she wanted to keep it and it seemed to need something done every 6 months under warranty...2 more radiators went, multiple pinion seals leaking, radio eating CDs, all covered, then I took it in right before the ESP expired and said to them the warranty is expiring, give me an oil change and check everything. They racked up over 3k in repairs...I paid my deductible.

Depending on how the Rap does, I will probably do the same. And yes, I will bring a printout of the Flood or Troy ESP pricing when I go there, they will honor it, another could probably do the same.

Saying to a service dept, I bought an ESP with you guys at a small dealer does carry some extra weight, the small guys value their customers.

Just my 2 centavos.

Brutane

Reaction score
I bought the extended warranty on my wife’s new car through the manufacturer same as what’s being said 1500 bucks $100 deductible and it was worth every penny. Navigation went out twice and they gave us a brand new twice for $100 total. No questions ask and it was because my kid put pennies in it the first time.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my understanding the longer you wait the more expensive it gets

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thats correct. I purchased the extended warranty last month. It goes up after the first 12000 miles or 1 year old. It was 100 bucks more because I had 15,000 miles on the truck.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I guess to some ESP makes sense even with a power train warranty.

I’m on the fence. I have a no extended warranty policy on everything I buy. But this is my first Ford and I’m considering ESP.