6.2 Engine Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Navin jacob

Navin jacob

Reaction score
You're asking questions and attempting to source parts that your machine shop/tuner/engine builder should be helping you with.

No one here in Dubai has built a 6.2 here. So I am relying solely on expert advice but Livernois has not been able to tell if it would work or not.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
Could always drop the new 7.3 in and be the trailblazer for the rest of us.........

It will bolt up to the 6r80. Bot sure about what else would be involved.

I think your bigger problem is mapping the and mating the computer to the new and different motor

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one here in Dubai has built a 6.2 here. So I am relying solely on expert advice but Livernois has not been able to tell if it would work or not.

When I build an engine I haven't built before, I don't rely on my client's research and input for selecting parts, and specifying engine setup.

IMO, to save you the headache, get a crate motor. Either from Livernois, or an OEM unit from Ford.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you are much better off ordering a complete shortblock. Ford PN is al3z-6009-a. The lack of knowledgeable machinists in your area would make me nervous about the rebuild quality.