6.2 Engine Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Navin jacob

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have got a 2012 Raptor with a Whipple Stage 2 on it. It's got 100k km's on it. It's time for a rebuild since sand went in and seized one of the pistons. I had the machine shop take a look at it they have advised that I need to bore the block by 1mm just because of cylinder 1 having a slight indent caused by the seizing. All the cylinders are 102mm except cylinder 1.

Finding a hard time to get 103mm (4.055") pistons here in Dubai

So I contacted the guys at Livernois and them to do not have that size piston in stock and would take approximately 3 to 4 weeks to have them made and then shipped to Dubai. But they did tell me they had this particular size piston in stock 4.086". (Still waiting to hear from Livernois about the specs of the piston) My question is would this cause any issues in boring the block to the size they have in stock. Also, they did tell me that I would need to replace the rods as well but they sell only the Manley I Beams Rods but they not in stock. I actually did find a set of Manley H beam rods here in Dubai would that work?

When rebuilding this engine what are the key parts that I should be replacing that very critical? The car does not get driven on weekdays only on weekends to the dunes and then it's back home.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. PS I have not much knowledge when it comes to engine rebuilds

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The manley pistons require rods because they use a full float wrist pin and the OEM is a pressed pin, and they're likely different diameters.

I'm sure if livernois offers the piston, theres no harm in boring the block for it.

But, I would get the size piston you need so you have additional room for future rebuilds.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You did the right thing by contacting Livernois , they build well built 6.2 engines with high horsepower. If my engine goes, they would be my first choice for a new motor. DO they not have a rebuilt motor in stock that they could ship to you? It's only money afterall. Otherwise you can get an engine from Ford. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.