6.2 behind the 5.4? Or the other way around?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, if you owned a 10' with the 5.4 or a 13' with the 6.2 and was going to trailer one for say 23-24 drive hours, which would give you more "bang for the buck" pulling, or be the cheaper gas wise? Gear head question I guess. Power vs. fuel economy.

23-24 hours of driving from Baton Rouge, some of my ole friends know where I'm going with this question. Starting to get desert fever again I think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 143

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on what your towing...so, what are you towing...all else being equal I would take a newer truck with a larger engine for towing...less strain on the larger engine...but there are sooo many other factors that come I to play other than engine size...

OP
OP
OUTCAST

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on what your towing...so, what are you towing...all else being equal I would take a newer truck with a larger engine for towing...less strain on the larger engine...but there are sooo many other factors that come I to play other than engine size...

Pulling one truck with the other. The 10' would pull the 13' easly enough but the 13',inherently, won't want to pass too many gas stations anyway.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Owned the Scab 2010 5.4, towed my 24ft enclosed to michigan loaded 2 times and got 10 mpg. Traded it in for a Screw 2012 last june, pulled the same trailer loaded and got 11 mpg. You do the math... ha ha ha

Last edited:
OP
OP
OUTCAST

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Owned the Scab 2010 5.4, towed my 24th enclosed to michigan loaded 2 times and got 10 mpg. Traded it in for a Screw 2012 last june, pulled the same trailer loaded and got 11 mpg. You do the math... ha ha ha

Michigan from where? Flat? Hills? Sry don't know much about Michigan.