5 tire rotation and PSI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get a better jack with taller jack stands. That small jack is ok for the peasant cars.

I set by my gauge, its not a cheap one. 37 is too high of a pressure. Run 34 psi. Adjust the rear down if still too stiff.
The door jamb says 38 and while I would agree with you on the Gen 2 with leaf springs in the back, with the coils, 38 feels pretty solid.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just did the 4 tire rotation for this time, and when my new wheels come in, I can have the tire shop that's installing them add a TPMS (I'll check the frequency before I order) along with the balance.

Just need the clarification on the front jack point......

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Raptor Assault crew were recommending ... 32/28 F/R last I heard. 38 might get you more economy, but you’ll wear the center of the KO2s out way faster, noticeable by 10-12k as I recall. About 35-36 front has worn them more evenly for me, and about 33 rear unloaded. Economy may go down a bit, but it depends on what you’re doing with the truck.

Mike T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get one (or two) of these Pro Eagle jacks, you’ll thank yourself every single time you have to jack that mother up. It will take it up from the jack point on the frame rail with room to spare. Hint, don’t jack it way up without the keys close……
F2D2CA4C-EBFC-4747-8119-63D760AC72E0.jpeg

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptor Assault crew were recommending ... 32/28 F/R last I heard. 38 might get you more economy, but you’ll wear the center of the KO2s out way faster, noticeable by 10-12k as I recall. About 35-36 front has worn them more evenly for me, and about 33 rear unloaded. Economy may go down a bit, but it depends on what you’re doing with the truck.
I'm headed on a baja trip tomorrow. I'll take the advice from you and @Nex. I'll drop it and see how it rides and report back. I'm rotating early to help prevent that wear pattern from happening. I'm on every 4k tire rotation after 14 years with KM2/KM3 tires. They get so loud you couldn't even have a conversation in my jeep.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you want to do this with the least cost, go to Harbor Freight and get the 6 ton jacks (they have the height) and the 3 ton floor jack with a 12" 4x4 block of wood. And yes, I put the jack where the arrow is up front. I am able to get the entire truck on jacks and do a tire rotation. Whenever I purchase tires, I get 6 as I like to carry 2 spares when off-roading.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
If you want to do this with the least cost, go to Harbor Freight and get the 6 ton jacks (they have the height) and the 3 ton floor jack with a 12" 4x4 block of wood. And yes, I put the jack where the arrow is up front. I am able to get the entire truck on jacks and do a tire rotation. Whenever I purchase tires, I get 6 as I like to carry 2 spares when off-roading.

What is your rotation?