5 tire rotation and PSI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I had 5 new + 1 several year old spare mounted / balanced
( queue the tire snobs to shame me for using a 4 year old spare tire ) 200.gif

ok, now that we have that out of the way, the “vintage” tire was moved to left rear to keep an eye on. I then moved fronts to rack, rack to rear, rear to front for this rotation. next they’ll get x’d around too.

I should be able to get decent life out of them with a 4-5k rotation.

Raptor Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No question it is a bitch to get off the ground with the wrong jacks....but if you tear something up or it falls and hits the ground....or worst yet falls on you or somebody else....even the dog....you will have real regrets. ....if not done properly sitting there with all four tires off the ground BAD things can happen...I am really not the one to advise...someone one here should be able to chime in or search site....probably been discussed...the do's and don't...good luck

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No question it is a bitch to get off the ground with the wrong jacks....but if you tear something up or it falls and hits the ground....or worst yet falls on you or somebody else....even the dog....you will have real regrets. ....if not done properly sitting there with all four tires off the ground BAD things can happen...I am really not the one to advise...someone one here should be able to chime in or search site....probably been discussed...the do's and don't...good luck
Only the rear is up on jack stands for a 4 tire rotation. Fronts were jacked up individually. Sounds like it’s time for me to just pull the trigger on some type of Pro Eagle.

Anyone have it mounted in the rear bed for minimal impact to storage. Maybe on the side rear wheel well?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
KHC has a set up, but for the 2 ton jack. Small wheels.

IMG_20190620_152130_1__48898_1024x1024.jpg

I will be mounting my 3 ton pro eagle in the bypass rack.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you rotate all 5 you only have to have one wheel off the ground at a time. Also you can modify certain harbor freight jacks to accept the pro eagle extension.

I myself have a collection. Craftsman 3 ton, harbor freight 2 ton “racing” with pro eagle cup and extension, 2 ton OG pro eagle, 2 ton beast pro eagle without the big tires lol (solo Motorsports skid plate).

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't have a jack big enough the first time I tried to jack the truck up. I bought the 3 ton long reach low profile jack and four of the 6 ton stands from harbor freight and just completed the second 4 tire rotation. I tried to rotate the spare in but I couldn't get it cleaned up enough to look presentable. It had some decent wear marks from rubbing the bottom of the truck that I couldn't scrub out.

I did find an issue while I had all the wheels off. Front passenger side axle. 20k miles on the truck and the dealer has the parts on order.

20220724_114931.jpg

G3Rap

Reaction score
Glad I found this thread. I was going to rotate my tires myself until I realized my 5th tire will need a TPMS.

Highwayman

Reaction score
What jack point are you using? The frame where the arrow is doesn't lift the tire, just lifts the frame up and the tire stays on the ground. Do I need a taller jack to get the tire to come off the ground? I was looking at a Pro Eagle but didn't want to drop $600. I saw a video where they used the very front of the truck where both control arms meet as the jack point.

I have a Pro Eagle and its a great jack and $$$.... I needed it and the extension mounts to cycle my coilovers on my Jeep... This was before Harbor Freights new off-road jack (PE copy). I'd suggest that route for a whole lot less $ and comparable jack.