5 Star Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue22raptor

Reaction score
I had 5 Star tuning on my last truck (2019 Lariat 3.5EB). Tune was great and truck ran awesome! Only problem, was when I went to trade the truck in on my 22 Raptor, the tuner errored out and I could not return to stock. Did all the software updates, didn’t work. Contacted them a few times, got a generic stock tune sent to me. Still didn’t work. Was told to buy a new OBD cord. Still didn’t work. In the end, I traded the truck in tuned. I ran out of time and just told my sales manager that I could not return to stock. Not sure what they did when they sold the truck…I did keep the handheld tuner in my center console for three years, however, so maybe the heat got to it and messed something up…I have Livernois tune on my new truck and the tuning equipment stays back at the house now!

Jonawill

Reaction score
Livernose tune is good. Under the hood flash is like maybe 3 minutes? Half the cost of Cobb.... I am sure Cobb and Goosetune are great, but at half the cost I don't see how the experience is just that much better...

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Livernose tune is good. Under the hood flash is like maybe 3 minutes? Half the cost of Cobb.... I am sure Cobb and Goosetune are great, but at half the cost I don't see how the experience is just that much better...
how do you like it?

Jonawill

Reaction score
how do you like it?
I like it a lot. Definitely more power. The transmission is more aggressive than I want, but they can and do adjustments upon request. You just need to ask at no additional cost as far as I can tell. No issues so far. Swapping tunes does require going under the hood, but it's super simple and fast. I can probably do in less than a few minutes now.