5 Star + Corsa Exhaust + Corsa Intake = WOW!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Dubless

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's not gonna be quite the same feeling as your camaro, lol!

My last car was a stage 3 Audi S4. Let me tell ya, all wheel drive launches at 3k rpm give a new meaning to the word "pucker". haha!

Today is first time I stomped it from pretty much a stand still to get in front of a dude before my lane ended. It was pretty good, much better than when I punched it the other day going about 30 I was very unimpressed. I am trying to tame my expect ions as my last ride was a Whippled and Cammed new Camaro!

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hard to find a lot of info on the corsa intake. Looks very similar to the Volant. Any problems so far? How was install? Any regrets?

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the Corsa exhaust is quiet?

I like that. Getting older and want to get some performance without getting too loud. My last two vehicles were blown with straight exhausts. My wife used to get pissed off because I would wake the kid when I started my cars up in the morning.

OP
OP
D

Dubless

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa intake seems identical to the Volant intake, just with a Corsa lid for the intake box. I'm not sure about the Volant but the Corsa lid is fairly thick aluminum and it already has deadening material on it. I remembered some of the Volant guys ended up deadening theirs to cut down on resonance so I'm not if that's the only difference. No problems installing, just a bit of fiddling with the coolant reservoir bracket. I ended up slotting the holes to make it a bit more adjustable and buy some more clearance to the MC.

The Corsa exhaust is VERY VERY quiet. I dumped mine after the axle cause I don't like exhaust tips and I swear it's even quieter. I think the tips tune the sound a little more aggressive. You can definitely tell the difference when gunning it. Sounds like a tuned sports car. But around town I think it's quieter than stock. I removed the stock resonator in hopes of pumping up the sound but it made very little difference. MAYBE 10% louder, if that. Still don't regret it because my days of loud obnoxious exhaust noises are far behind me.

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Corsa exhaust is VERY VERY quiet. I dumped mine after the axle cause I don't like exhaust tips and I swear it's even quieter. I think the tips tune the sound a little more aggressive. You can definitely tell the difference when gunning it. Sounds like a tuned sports car. But around town I think it's quieter than stock. I removed the stock resonator in hopes of pumping up the sound but it made very little difference. MAYBE 10% louder, if that. Still don't regret it because my days of loud obnoxious exhaust noises are far behind me.

Sweet. Thanks for the info.

Definitely sounds like a winner.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
Soooo I went ahead and ordered this setup after talking with Dubless. HO LEE BOOBS what a difference!

I've only had the truck two weeks, but man, that 5-Star tune is no joke. I'm running the 93 Perf and having a ball. My last car was an Audi S4 (this is my first truck, though I drive them at work), and while it's not fair to compare the "drivability" of the Rap to the S4, the tune sure as hell makes it a lot closer.

Tune:

Awesome! Stupid-proof install, and immediate improvement. Throttle response is perfect, with zero hesitation... pedal = go. I've only tried the Performance tune so far, but I can tell that the truck holds the lower gears a bit longer than before and just feels peppier all around. Equally noticeable is the nice crisp downshifting... no more "lurching" to a stop.

Exhaust:

That cold-start Corsa exhaust note makes me wet my pants. To echo the rest of the comments, it is definitely quiet - probably about the same as stock. I do not particularly care for the chrome tips, so I will be pulling those off and painting with a hi-temp matte black.

Intake:

Pre-tuned, it was a mess, as Dubless pointed out earlier. Lots of pedal vibration, and the noises it made were... not very sexy. Once I slapped the 5-Star on there, it's much more consistent during acceleration... still prone a bit to periods of vibration or shuddering, but not nearly as bad as untuned. It does drown out the exhaust almost completely. The intake itself seems well-made though, and I'm glad I got an enclosed one.

Overall:

If you're on the fence about these things... just do it!

Last edited:

TampaRaptor

Reaction score
Good stuff! Thanks Chainsaw for the review. Thinking about the same setup... Corsa exhaust (w/black diamond tips) and 5star tune, but thinking of keeping the stock intake and using a K&N drop-in filter like some posters on this board have suggested. We'll see.

Timgco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running just the tune only? I plan to just dump my exhaust over the rear axle like the last one vs a new exhaust. The intake I'm still up in the air on, but more than likely won't touch for a while since I have a ton of other mods planned first. I'm just wondering if it's worth doing the tune without the intake and exhaust.