5 Star 91 Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have only ran the tuner for two days now and I can already tell the difference. The shifting in the high gears is smoother and it accelerates much faster. But has anyone else experienced hard shifts in the low gears when you are slowly accelerating? Sometimes it is a pretty hard kick. Other than this everything has been pretty good so far and the gas mileage seems to have increased a little too.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have only ran the tuner for two days now and I can already tell the difference. The shifting in the high gears is smoother and it accelerates much faster. But has anyone else experienced hard shifts in the low gears when you are slowly accelerating? Sometimes it is a pretty hard kick. Other than this everything has been pretty good so far and the gas mileage seems to have increased a little too.

Not at all, remember it takes some time for the computer to relearn, so drive it like you normally would...

hdinmotion

Reaction score

Yes, im experiencing the same kind of "kick" when transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd in full throttle after the 5 star tune. Have not talked to 5 star about it yet and did the flash back in april.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, im experiencing the same kind of "kick" when transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd in full throttle after the 5 star tune. Have not talked to 5 star about it yet and did the flash back in april.

The tuner had an update they needed install from SCTs website...I had to take the truck back to stock before the update and saved a copy of my stock tune on the computer as well...

Anyway...after the unit upgrade, I put the 93 performance tune back on the truck...it shifted like shit for the first 3 drive cycles...it is starting to calm down...

Btw- check SCTs website for a critical update for the tuner...address is on the instructions that came with the tuner...plus it has a cool piece of software

budd

Reaction score
also had the same harshness but went to better quality fuel (shell) and solved the problem got better milage also.. we have only 91 octane with 10% ethanol...the quality make huge difference