4wd no-no’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enersol

Reaction score
I found it interesting that the last time I got stuck in the mud and was rocking the truck out a message came on the dash asking if I was stuck and would I like for the truck to take over. I clicked ok and it started gently rocking on its own. It didnt help but I have never seen that message pop up before.

Diablo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made sense at the time, Its called learning.
I was trying to get more traction/momentum drifting around in an icy/slushy parking lot which also included a few donuts. My thoughts were that the 4A would kick in when needed and disengage once it had enough traction. I drove the crap outta that Raptor ,thats why i bought it and thats what warranty is for.
So you have never done a donut in 4wd??
I have, but not intentionally. But I've only been driving 4wd vehicles since about 1965.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hilarious observation….more than likely 90%+ of people who have NEVER owned a 4WD vehicle in their lives have ZERO need/use for the “most 4x4” 1/2 ton on the market lol!

Like….if you got this far in life rocking FWD trash & AWD imports there’s usually gonna be no need to go & get a ******** Raptor on 37”s hahahah

It’s like someone buying a hellcat redeye & asking how to drive a stick shift & when to put on snow tires in the winter lol

Ok enough poking fun, 1 thing even I & many others forget (or maybe don’t even realize) when it comes to 4x4 operation/drive modes in this truck, if you’re STUCK, or going through true rugged shit w/ varying degree of difficulty, & you’re not using 4L or the “off-road cruise” function, you NEED to remember to turn off TC AND stability control (hold TC button for 5 seconds) or else you’ll often find power cutting way too early or active braking pulling timing ******** up drivetrain in general

When truck needs to be unleashed, Nannie’s need to be OFF

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hilarious observation….more than likely 90%+ of people who have NEVER owned a 4WD vehicle in their lives have ZERO need/use for the “most 4x4” 1/2 ton on the market lol!

Like….if you got this far in life rocking FWD trash & AWD imports there’s usually gonna be no need to go & get a ******** Raptor on 37”s hahahah

It’s like someone buying a hellcat redeye & asking how to drive a stick shift & when to put on snow tires in the winter lol

Ok enough poking fun, 1 thing even I & many others forget (or maybe don’t even realize) when it comes to 4x4 operation/drive modes in this truck, if you’re STUCK, or going through true rugged shit w/ varying degree of difficulty, & you’re not using 4L or the “off-road cruise” function, you NEED to remember to turn off TC AND stability control (hold TC button for 5 seconds) or else you’ll often find power cutting way too early or active braking pulling timing ******** up drivetrain in general

When truck needs to be unleashed, Nannie’s need to be OFF
yup, this is really great off-roading advice. I have solved my fair share of “I’m stuck on the dunes” for guys who’s traction control kicked in as soon as the wheels started spinning as the climbed, and immediately lost power and were stuck. I had to pull a couple out, but mostly backed down and without the nanny on they did fine.