40k Mile Regular Maintenance Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Theswits

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have a plain jane 2017 801A scab with 60,000 km (40,000 miles). It has had no work done on it except for factory notices (moonroof sticking, doors freezing, transmission reprogramming) and my regular oil+filter changes with Mobil 1. Oh, I also put in a K&N air filter (also serviced periodically) and a water separator in the PCV breather line.

I have rotated the tires twice, but I do a bit of bushwacking so the KO2s are down to about 1/8" (little bit of uneven wear on one tire - passenger side front inside).

So my questions to all out here: what should I do for my 5 year maintenance overhaul and before mounting my new KO2's (FYI: 4 purchased from blackcircles.ca for CDN$1586, tax and shipping included to my front door).

Any and all tips appreciated, Cheers bros

Attachments

• 2019-06-18 15.21.29.jpg
    2019-06-18 15.21.29.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 28

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would check the plugs for condition. I did mine at 60K miles just as a preventative measure. It sounds like these engines are pretty hard on plugs.
I think most boosted engines this is the case- I swapped mine out on my 2018 for the colder “performance” plugs & immediately noticed a smoother idle & slightly better mpg

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tcase fluid and front diff fluid were disgusting at 30k miles, transmission fluid definitely discolored at 37k miles I figured that out last weekend when installing my Titan intercooler, my rear diff fluid wasn’t dirty at all but I did that anyways, cabin filter not the easiest to check I’d go in with the intention of replacing it, replaced my plugs with the colder performance parts, the factory ones didn’t appear bad at all though,