4" Lift??? 37" Tires??

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by Alex, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Alex

Alex Full Access Member

@jackrook....you're the man!!! Well said!

2. trollo2984

trollo2984 Full Access Member

The truck looks amazing. Can you share some details on the wrap for us. I am really interested in getting one. Thanks.

3. royCfus

royCfus Member

The OP got the reaction he knew he would get. Seems most object to lifting a rappy because it is meant to be used in a specific way. If its looks he is after couldnt you just pick up a loaded Lariat for 55k out the door, add a 4" (insert favorite lift kit here) that has longer fox 2.5 coils and net $10-15k less than what he paid for a full MSRP Raptor and get the same result? Members post here for opinions and advice. He got the opinions he thought and had he asked for advice likley would have gotten the previously mentioned suggestion. You are right though, it is his money and can burn it however he wants. Maybe someone can start a thread on lifted station wagons next too

tomahawk and Wfo like this.
  4. royCfus

royCfus Member

Agreed, that wrap is legit

trollo2984 likes this.
  5. jackrook

jackrook FRF Addict

That’s what I’m doing with my xlt. Save about $40k vs getting another Raptor. Already have $10k in it and couldn’t be happier.

6. Alex

Alex Full Access Member

To each his own....you're right I could have done that, but I do like to spend money. :)

7. Alex

Alex Full Access Member

It's actually a 2 tone wrap....Matte black and Satin Black. Thanks!!!

8. blynd

blynd Member

I got a 4" BDS lift on mine. The BDS lift has a few more components to the install but it was sort of out of necessity. The guy who I originally bought the truck from had put a leveling kit on it (SMH) to clear 37s. That caused the geometry of the front to be off and I was tearing CV boots every 3 months. I didn't want to go back to 35s and I actually heard good things about BDS. The lift is solid and I even had a shop here add in additional support. No more tearing CV boots.

So to the haters about lifting a Raptor... it's like lifting any truck, if you do too much then yes it's stupid and impractical. However, if are still conservative and put on a practical lift then there's really no issue. My truck performs great offroad and I have no complaints. Yes... I take it out every other weekend to some fairly remote locations so it's not a total street queen. However, on the street... that's what the super charger is for.

Alex likes this.
  9. Alex

Alex Full Access Member

Nice...the BDS lift is never good as well.....post some pics!