3rd time's a charm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WFWP

Reaction score
New member here. I've got a black 2012 super crew waiting on transport to it's new (my) home. Hopefully I'll see it next week. I confess I nearly bought a SxS instead so y'all forgive me for that weak moment. Thankfully something deep down in the genetic code said 6.2 or else!

My Jones for a raptor goes back to early to mid 2000's before there was such a thing and back then I started with a Bronco with Autofab kit that I put together with a friend then later I got a BITD Class 7 champion, Aaron Dixon, to build a truck for me. Actually was his personal F-150 crew cab 4x4, just what I was looking for. I've got build pics somewhere and can't find them at the moment but it's nothing not already seen here. Though it was not so common 15 years ago. East of the MS at least.

The setup was really solid at 3" wider per side, 15" travel front w coilover and bypass, 18" travel rear with Deaver leafs, bypass and bed cage, 37"s with 4.88 gears. I put a a SVT Lightning supercharger on it with a huge intercooler. Stock 5.4 dynoed 345hp/355tq. It was a really cool, trouble free truck.

All that's to say I don't know yet what I'll do with this new truck; though my 11 & 14 year old boys have ideas. I'm a big fan of H&M, they were the other people I spoke with back then (Aaron just happened to have the donor truck in his garage) and still cranking out good stuff. But I haven't even driven it yet so I'll just see. With four kids it's safe to say I might just stay bone f'ing stock too.

It for sure will see laps around the tree farm like the old raggedy looking Bronco-don't hate on the inside just listen to that little 310 ci small block.

Glad to be on board FRF with all the shared insight!

A couple of pics of the old F150: that King bypass looks tiny by comparison
f150 cropped.jpg
pismo2.jpg

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Great video. Those trees are going to feel awfully close if you bomb the raptor through there. Should be fun! Please post a video if you do it!

OP
OP
WFWP

WFWP

Reaction score
So this is what I bought. It was a spontaneous, online, no questions asked (crazy) buy for $17,***. After the fact I was afraid I seriously messed up but once it got here and I looked it over and washed the grime off from the transport I realized I might have gotten lucky. Undercarriage has no leaks, drips, scratches or visible signs of carnage.
Owners manual had build sheet, window sticker and receipts in it. Shocks and brakes are toast but the truck seems good otherwise.
However, that truck in the reflection, at 1,200 rpm, has more than twice the torque so I’m having to get acquainted with the second half of a tachometer for the first time in a long time. Shocks and brakes this week. Will see what’s next.

6DBAA0BD-C033-473F-8F3D-4D02521FCC95.jpeg

A6887832-16A0-41D6-BEEF-ACC43D887A1E.jpeg