37" BFG ATs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is true but I was trying to find some proof of it first..... I had a set of 315/70/17's that came off of a hummer on my 94 f350 and I believe they were S compound, I thought I still had them at my parents house but couldn't find them

It's definitely true that the first H2s ran a BFG AT 315/70R17, but I'm not 100% sure about the compound.

I've always been a BFG fan and was shopping for 35" tires for a lifted 2007 FX4 in late 2006 when it was brand new. I was looking at BFG AT 315/70R17 and MT 35x12.50 tires. I know for sure that when searching on the BFG and TireRack website that they had two different, but seemingly identical, LT315/70R17 BFG AT tires available. I ended up getting the MTs, so I never researched the difference in the ATs, but I can only guess that one of them was the S compound developed at the request of GM for the H2.

Last edited:

CougarKiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love this size of BFG and am thinking about going this route when I need a new set of shoes...

However, I rub on landings (kinda half flare/half liner) with the stock tires on methods... I can see shoving these up into the wheel pretty bad. What are you guys trimming to keep these things at bay?

Mine rubs directly above the tire, dead center of the wheel well. I am on mid perch....

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a little confused where you guys are getting R and S as compounds.

These are speed ratings and the number in front are load ratings,
The Raptor OEM tire is meant to be mounted on a 9 1/5" rim

The R rated tire is for a 8 1/2"

Please, if I missed something let me know.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe.

Sorry, I'm just one of those that need to see it in writing. LOL

I only see the S rated tire being, 0.1 lbs lighter and having it on a fatter rim is going to squat the tire down some, allowing BFG to increase speed rating.

This is the only thing I see on BFG's site.

>> Section width varies approximately 0.2" (5mm) for every 0.5" change in rim width.
>> Tread patterns are often tuned to accomodate different tire widths.
Tires for a particular dimension of a given tireline may vary in appearance from the tire shown in the photograph.

I want to highlight "TUNED".

And the GM version is 601 rev/mile
And the Ford version is 604 rev/mile

Last edited:

Baddkarmaracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like I'm about to start driving a lot more so has anyone had 37"bfg's long enough to see a MPG difference? I'm running grabbers on methods now but I still want to go to the BFG at's

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just the flare. I think on the driverside (pictured), I trimmed up the liner a bit but don't think it was all that necessary.

First question: Do you have two Raptors? I was following your other thread (Modded White 6.2) and this is clearly a different truck.

Second: How are the 37" BFG ATs working out on this truck? Just to clarify, the only thing trimmed on this truck is the flare (and possibly the liner unnecessarily)? No mods to the pinch weld? What shocks/perch? The wheels are Methods, correct? Sorry for all the questions, but with these tolerances things are close.

Thanks,
Rich

Edit: vanilla_gorilla - Any post tire shop pics?

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
First question: Do you have two Raptors? I was following your other thread (Modded White 6.2) and this is clearly a different truck.

Second: How are the 37" BFG ATs working out on this truck? Just to clarify, the only thing trimmed on this truck is the flare (and possibly the liner unnecessarily)? No mods to the pinch weld? What shocks/perch? The wheels are Methods, correct? Sorry for all the questions, but with these tolerances things are close.

Thanks,
Rich

Edit: vanilla_gorilla - Any post tire shop pics?

I think he has 3 or 4 now. He's stacking Raptors like Kinkos stacks paper!!