3 weeks and 3K miles - My impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with all the OP pros and cons. However, for a truck the interior is not inferior. It's not as nice as our Audi eTron S, but it's better than our Mercedes-Benz GLA or Audi Q5 were. Plus it's a kickass truck!

After about 5 weeks and 1800 miles I can say the single most annoying thing is the lane assist especially in Adaptive Cruise mode. Even my 15 year old says you can tell it's a computer driving with how herky-jerky it is. I was cruising some paved VT back roads this weekend and turned the lane assist off completely. Yes, dammit, I'm going to apex the turns and cross the center line!!!

Otherwise now that I've got the seats, pedals, and steering where I want them it's the most comfortable truck I've ever driven. Every time I drive it I like it more and more.
when you turn off lane assist, does it stay off every day, or do you need to select it every time you start up? wondering if you can save it to a mode, ie sport mode for example.

Reaction score
when you turn off lane assist, does it stay off every day, or do you need to select it every time you start up? wondering if you can save it to a mode, ie sport mode for example.
Default is it turns back on. It's not that bad in the regular mode, just when it's in Adaptive Cruise Control when it's trying to steer for you. Regular lane assist just vibrates the wheel when you're on the edge and nudges you back.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Default is it turns back on. It's not that bad in the regular mode, just when it's in Adaptive Cruise Control when it's trying to steer for you. Regular lane assist just vibrates the wheel when you're on the edge and nudges you back.
incorrect--mine is never on.