3.0 shocks after winter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZackZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a set of Kings, foxes, or icons and live in the rust belt? How does the coating hold up after a winter or 2? The coatings on the gen 1 stuff was horrible. Thanks! Pics and feedback appreciated

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spray them with light coat of Fluid Film and they are doing great. Not the prettiest but protects from salt. My 2017 after 3 winters in Chicago did not have even one rust spot on the frame or shacks before trading it in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZackZ

ZackZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spray them with light coat of Fluid Film and they are doing great. Not the prettiest but protects from salt. My 2017 after 3 winters in Chicago did not have even one rust spot on the frame or shacks before trading it in.
Was that the stock shocks or the aftermarket 3.0s?

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought some used from Texas and it looks like the bypass hose fittings are not protected at all and showed some oxidation

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was that the stock shocks or the aftermarket 3.0s?
On my 2017 Roush Supercharged I changed Fox 2.0 to Fox 2.5 DSC and sprayed them. They had 3 winters on them when I traded my truck at the end of this February and no sign of rust. On my 2019 Roush Raptor I sprayed them as soon as I got the truck in February and they are stock shocks so only abouth a month of salt on them.