WTB: Stock Gen 1 Shocks - SoCal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Keep us posted. What do we use to check the pressure on our shocks ? I read that you need to check the nitrogen levels and I've never done that. Sorry for getting in your business on this, just really curious and looking for other options out there. Who do most people use for the enhance on the forum?
Surprisingly, when I opened the boxes, there was a high-pressure gauge included. He set them at 250psi according to label put on the shocks. When talking with him a few weeks ago (Brian at Hammer) he said it doesn't need to be checked that often, maybe once a year. He also labeled them for Front Left and Front Right.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, when I opened the boxes, there was a high-pressure gauge included. He set them at 250psi according to label put on the shocks. When talking with him a few weeks ago (Brian at Hammer) he said it doesn't need to be checked that often, maybe once a year. He also labeled them for Front Left and Front Right.
OK that's plus 1 for hammer...nothing like that from forged..might have been am option to pay for that I didn't see...also I don't remember them showing anything in the package on psi either, but I can't remember so maybe someone else who's used forged can chime in on this. But if not then that's 2 for hammer...and they didn't label left or right either, not sure if it matters on that or not myself

VanCamp

Reaction score
I sadly totaled my gen 1 on March 16th…it’s been a rough couple weeks. However, I picked up a gen 2 Screw last week! It’s very nice although, I do miss the rumble of the V8.

That said, I replaced the gen 1 shocks with the gen 2(2020) Fox orange and they were smooth! I have a set of “B” rated gen 1 Fox shocks that need rebuilt. Also, a set of factory HID headlights(excellent condition)! I replaced them with the Morimoto black XB’s, and a pristine black DiamondBack SE cover for sale. Hit me up if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

- C.VanCamp

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sadly totaled my gen 1 on March 16th…it’s been a rough couple weeks. However, I picked up a gen 2 Screw last week! It’s very nice although, I do miss the rumble of the V8.

That said, I replaced the gen 1 shocks with the gen 2(2020) Fox orange and they were smooth! I have a set of “B” rated gen 1 Fox shocks that need rebuilt. Also, a set of factory HID headlights(excellent condition)! I replaced them with the Morimoto black XB’s, and a pristine black DiamondBack SE cover for sale. Hit me up if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

- C.VanCamp
Pics and prices

castine917

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Hammer for rebuild exchange on mine also. Just like stated above by Bozz, I received a gauge to check pressure as I upgraded to having schrader valves. Now it appears that we can buy new stock on rock auto for @$1400 before shipping and tax.