23R - Toyo M/T 37X13.5 R17 - Suspension Upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EldeLaR

Reaction score
Dear Forum Members,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek guidance and insight regarding a recent upgrade I am considering for my 2023 Raptor R.

Specifically, I have recently placed an order for new wheels, which are specified as 6X135/17X8.5 with a 0mm offset. In conjunction with these wheels, I am contemplating installing Toyo M/T 37X13.5 tires onto my truck.

Before proceeding with this setup, I am eager to learn from those who may have already undertaken a similar configuration. If any members of this forum have previously completed this setup on their 2023 Raptor R, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to view any accompanying pictures for reference.

Furthermore, I am particularly interested in understanding any potential issues related to rubbing or the necessity of upgrading suspension components. Should such upgrades be required, I kindly ask for recommendations from experienced individuals within this community.

Your collective expertise and insights would be immensely valuable to me as I navigate this modification for my vehicle. I extend my sincere gratitude in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Last edited:

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Holy crap this is a well written post.

Alas, it must be granted BINGO status due to its repetitive nature.

Good day.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dear Forum Members,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek guidance and insight regarding a recent upgrade I am considering for my 2023 Raptor R.

Specifically, I have recently placed an order for new rims, which are specified as 6X135/17X8.5 with a 0mm offset. In conjunction with these rims, I am contemplating installing Toyo M/T 37X13.5 tires onto my truck.

Before proceeding with this setup, I am eager to learn from those who may have already undertaken a similar configuration. If any members of this forum have previously completed this setup on their 2023 Raptor R, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to view any accompanying pictures for reference.

Furthermore, I am particularly interested in understanding any potential issues related to rubbing or the necessity of upgrading suspension components. Should such upgrades be required, I kindly ask for recommendations from experienced individuals within this community.

Your collective expertise and insights would be immensely valuable to me as I navigate this modification for my vehicle. I extend my sincere gratitude in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
13.50 is pretty wide, especially on a 0 offset wheel. You are probably going to want some mods to increase ride height a bit, springs, top hats, collars, etc., pick your poison.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
13.50 is pretty wide, especially on a 0 offset wheel. You are probably going to want some mods to increase ride height a bit, springs, top hats, collars, etc., pick your poison.
Or, select a wheel with a less severe, closer to stock wheels offset at the same width. Upgrading suspension components to accommodate another component will often lead to an incomplete modification of the suspension system. That path is fraught with peril.

Multiple supporting vendors on here can hook an FRF brother up with new wheels of widely differing varieties that won’t require other mods.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or, select a wheel with a less severe, closer to stock wheels offset at the same width. Upgrading suspension components to accommodate another component will often lead to an incomplete modification of the suspension system. That path is fraught with peril.

Multiple supporting vendors on here can hook an FRF brother up with new wheels of widely differing varieties that won’t require other mods.
Agreed, I was just trying to help him out based on what he wants. I’m not a fan of 0 offset personally.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Holy crap this is a well written post.

Alas, it must be granted BINGO status due to its repetitive nature.

Good day.
Oh.
No.
You.
D’n’t.
200.gif

Currently, we only throw shade at FRF & other Raptor owners for stupid offsets, and by implication, crazy profiles for a truck

Fixed my post, thank you for clarification.
@EldeLaR
Welcome to FRF

Pictures or it’s a prius. We don’t count ‘profile’ pictures.
Be honest now, did you use an AI client to generate that post verbiage? :)
I eagerly await your thoughtful and comprehensive response.

OP
OP
EldeLaR

EldeLaR

Reaction score
Oh.
No.
You.
D’n’t.
View attachment 455124

Currently, we only throw shade at FRF & other Raptor owners for stupid offsets, and by implication, crazy profiles for a truck

@EldeLaR
Welcome to FRF

Pictures or it’s a prius. We don’t count ‘profile’ pictures.
Be honest now, did you use an AI client to generate that post verbiage? :)
I eagerly await your thoughtful and comprehensive response.
Thank you for the warm welcome to FRF. Attached is a picture of my truck. As for your inquiry, I did indeed utilize an AI client to refine and enhance my post, aiming for clear and effective communication regarding my truck. Should you have any further questions or require additional information, feel free to ask. Looking forward to engaging further within this community lol.

Attachments

• RaptorR.png
    RaptorR.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 26

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome to FRF. Attached is a picture of my truck. As for your inquiry, I did indeed utilize an AI client to refine and enhance my post, aiming for clear and effective communication regarding my truck. Should you have any further questions or require additional information, feel free to ask. Looking forward to engaging further within this community lol.
Are you an attorney?