2024 Raptor shock corrosion.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marcosBinOC

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late March, early April.

Delivered with 27 miles and corrosion on front and rear shock solenoids.
so trucks that were built AFTER the infamous winter logistics parking lot fiasco suffer from this, too?! ...smh

marcosBinOC

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no coating, so it doesn’t matter when it was built.
trying to figure out which trucks were affected, is it all of them?
In post #16, Antho posted a pic and said his were coated...perhaps Ford sent some with this defect and some without?
I'd like to see if other owners are receiving their trucks w/anodized solenoids & w/o corrosion.

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trying to figure out which trucks were affected, is it all of them?
In post #16, Antho posted a pic and said his were coated...perhaps Ford sent some with this defect and some without?
I'd like to see if other owners are receiving their trucks w/anodized solenoids & w/o corrosion.
That’s the only one I’ve seen that isn’t excessively corroded. Interesting… But it definitely looks like it is not coated, at least to me.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to level my front end, but this corrosion issue has me holding back. I don’t want to mod the suspension if Ford decides to replace them down the road.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s the only one I’ve seen that isn’t excessively corroded. Interesting… But it definitely looks like it is not coated, at least to me.
@BBLV Im in the aluminum and glass business. Mine are for sure not a bare aluminum. Not to say there isn’t an issue as there clearly is. Regardless, something is wrong.

Last edited:

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my 2024 shelter green Raptor a few days ago. Love the truck so far and shift smoother and rides better than my 2017. However, I spent some time detailing it over the weekend and I noticed that three of my four shocks seem to have some corrosion on what looks like to the electronic valve area. It will not wipe off. And I do not want to send it. I was considering painting it but is this common on a brand new truck? Will this come back? My old 2017 Gen 2 did not have any corrosion at all on the shocks even after 6 years.
Thanks,
Tone
Thats crazy and a 24, maybe when they washed it?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalerg