2024 Raptor Quality issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZO6FL

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2024 about a week ago. No issues so far. Drove it home over 350 miles. In my excitement I missed small dent below the drivers side passenger door. Having PDR done and dealer graciously agreed to pay.
Mine was an April 1 build thus the $350 increase.
I looked at another one in NC earlier build. I was notified prior to arriving that there was a TSB on the tail gate motor and the appliqué. Parts were ordered.
During my top to bottom inspection I found a spot in the roof track with a blob of paint. When the dealer tried to take it off, so went the paint under it.
I decided to pass on that one.
Anyone looking for a white one in Waynesville, check the roof. Right side just above passenger door.

TheC-Don

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear bumper was about 3/8” lower on the passenger side. Loosened the six nuts and with my floor jack leveled things out…

alockbox

Reaction score
Definitely some issues with QC. My right tailpipe is an inch lower and two inches further inset than the left. The dash trim has a gap below the vent and an unstitched section next to that. Corroded shock valves. The tailgate appliqué edges are lifting and it has a weird clunking sound sometimes. All of which will get noted when I take it in for the first oil change.

IMG_2424.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2426.jpeg
    IMG_2426.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 23

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my 2024 about a week ago. No issues so far. Drove it home over 350 miles. In my excitement I missed small dent below the drivers side passenger door. Having PDR done and dealer graciously agreed to pay.
Mine was an April 1 build thus the $350 increase.
I looked at another one in NC earlier build. I was notified prior to arriving that there was a TSB on the tail gate motor and the appliqué. Parts were ordered.
During my top to bottom inspection I found a spot in the roof track with a blob of paint. When the dealer tried to take it off, so went the paint under it.
I decided to pass on that one.
Anyone looking for a white one in Waynesville, check the roof. Right side just above passenger door.
My drivers side passenger door has a dent I missed at pickup too... Easy fix with PDR but its annoying..

37PP shocks are corroded.. Ford quALITY, Job 1!

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
I can only imagine inspectors are rushed and management is more concerned with numbers then actual quality until escapes happen then its time to reflect
Yeah, I totally get big business and revenue/profit...good ole "cost per minute haha!" Not sure why many, not all, big corporations don't truly understand/covet the customer experience more. I guess they won't stop cutting corners until we quit buying these gat damn Raptors which won't happen haha.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious with the guys that have corroded shocks. Were yours sit out in the lot waiting on parts or did it ship right from the line? Not cool either way. Just curious

RennSpeed

Reaction score
Same noise here, but only occasionally. Sounds like something clunking in the rear end.
I'll second this, although for me its only with Baja exhaust mode so far so I've been inclined to think it might have something to do with an exhaust tone. That said its definitely reminiscent of a clunk but I fear it'll be something that's virtually undiagnosable until something goes wrong...

RennSpeed

Reaction score
First time Raptor owner and just picked up my 24' 3 weeks ago. Love the experience so far but have definitely noticed a few QC issues I'm not used to. I will say that for the past few years I have been daily driving a 911, so I'm likely going be more hypercritical than I should, but $80k+ is a lot of money and should expect QC to be up to par. While I too have noticed the exhaust clunk (normally heard in Baja mode when rolling off the throttle), I also have three issues not stated here:

-Rear passenger window is wavy: It's literally exactly what it sounds like, it ripples from front to back across the entire window and has a visible wave, not present on any of the other windows. Oddly enough it doesn't distort the view from the inside, but in the sunlight on the outside its obvious.

-Popping Under the Driver Seat: The situation can best be described as if the electronics and wiring are too high up in the butt portion of the driver seat. So when I adjust my position at times, there is a pop as if I'm in contact with some of the electronics/wiring assembly in the base of the seat and it is being rearranged or moving.

-Driver Side base Window Trim Wavy - I've had to keep myself from admiring the lines of the car in the side view mirror because on the driver side the trim is the furthest thing from straight and level I could imagine. There isn't one egregious spot, but the whole piece together is just inconsistent. I fear this may just be par for the course with these trucks, but someone tell me if I'm wrong. To be clear the trim isn't loose or coming off, its actually rock solid, it just appears its been laid down on an uneven surface.

flexboiz

Reaction score
Just noticed today after having owned my R roughly 2 weeks that there is an inch-long paint defect between the hood and the fender with both panels being damaged. I've seen this kind of thing before in the car world before where the panels aren't aligned at the time of assembly. As of today, the hood panel clears the fender when opening with tons of clearance.

Do y'all think this happened during assembly @ Dearborn or during PDI? Not sure how to proceed; am tempted to just touch it up since it's on a panel edge.

IMG_7163.jpg

IMG_7162.jpg