2024 build date???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arctic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk man dealer said 4-6 weeks after build starts, we shall see I guess, obv i hope for sooner, aint no way it will be after may. put the order in November
Ford built 26,000 F150 in January and I’m assuming more in Feb plus whatever they had built in December. All those vehicles are just sitting there at Dearborn.

I don’t know how fast Ford can move vehicles, hopefully pretty fast but there is still a back log of vehicles. Also the closest dealer to Dearborn (Pat Milliken Ford) where the 2024 F150s were stored and some guy was able to review it, has not advertise or received any 2024. That leads me to conclude that the 2024 F150 are not released or shipped to anyone yet.

So if a build date of early January is slated for an end of March delivery then an end of Feb build date would be expected to show up in late May/June.

Alternatively, the delay could be QC or parts and the trucks that were built and sitting would all need to be retrofit or fixed before leaving the plant, but the trucks being built now are all good to go and sent off to the dealers right after being done building which would fit a 6 week time frame. Also, once the vehicles start shipping it could start streamlining everything kind of like when the light turns red to green in heavy traffic.

Bottom line is nobody that knows what’s truly going on will go on record saying so. We’re all here just waiting and making theories.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With these timelines, you'd think we'd all have ordered GT3 RSs instead of a trim level of the best selling vehicle in the United States :suicide:
Porsches stuck at port for an unknown period of time due to an embargo'd chip.

BahaBlastediam

Reaction score
i understand the delays like in the 2023 they pulled heating steering wheels out to move them down the line, my dealer told me could be as early as 4 weeks from the build date he said. He has worked for ford for 28 years and is a family friend so I hope hes not talking out his ass here, but he says it COULD be that early but thats not a for sure. and they said 4-6 months after you put in your order? I put mine in in november of last year and got the allocation January 20th
Doesn’t really matter when you order it matters when the allocation is picked up and scheduled. From allocation and scheduled date I would expect 4-6months with and earlier delivery very possible but again like everyone’s posted theirs vehicles already built from January not scheduled to be delivered till March

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk man dealer said 4-6 weeks after build starts, we shall see I guess, obv i hope for sooner, aint no way it will be after may. put the order in November
When you put the order in doesn't really matter. You will only be disappointed if you believe that timeline

rbrb

Reaction score
I put my order in September of 23. It was previewed in December, then crickets. A few weeks ago the dealer called the area rep and got the priority changed from 19 to 9, and it got scheduled shortly thereafter. I am wondering what it takes to get the priority bumped like that. I'm not in a hurry, but should they have tried earlier? It's a small dealership.

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my order in September of 23. It was previewed in December, then crickets. A few weeks ago the dealer called the area rep and got the priority changed from 19 to 9, and it got scheduled shortly thereafter. I am wondering what it takes to get the priority bumped like that. I'm not in a hurry, but should they have tried earlier? It's a small dealership.
What's the build? If its just an 801A, maybe they were waiting on an allocation to come through.

BahaBlastediam

Reaction score
No idea I ordered mine and told the rep I was okay waiting if there was a long list. He submitted mine at a 10 right off the bat. Got it scheduled about two weeks later not sure how seems like luck now