2024 build date???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jak405817

Reaction score
i didnt know if this was best forum to ask this, but since there was bedliner debate, what is opinion on bed tonneau covers? Caveat; wont usually load bed with big items so maybe a retractable or trifold works as I can deal with losing some bed space, but want something that I can lock, yet have quick access to for stuff like luggage for weekend trips or weekend kid sports gear.

VJDWashington

Reaction score
i didnt know if this was best forum to ask this, but since there was bedliner debate, what is opinion on bed tonneau covers? Caveat; wont usually load bed with big items so maybe a retractable or trifold works as I can deal with losing some bed space, but want something that I can lock, yet have quick access to for stuff like luggage for weekend trips or weekend kid sports gear.
I have Ultra Flex by Undercover on my 5.5’ bed now and love it. 3 hard panels fold back. You can remove if needed and it is locked when doors/tailgate is locked. (No separate lock). Had 2+ feet of snow on top for days and no deflection or damage. Made in USA too vs almost all others.
I’ve ordered Ford’s version of the same on my 801a build. Will see what it’s like when truck is built..

Finlay150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever taken delivery in Dearborn? I looked it up and Ford apparently doesn’t offer ‘factory delivery’ like Porsche etc but they will allow your ordering dealer to switch to ‘drop ship’ at a Ford dealership close to the factory. If done, you get the truck before rail/or long convoy journey and I’ve read that the factory tour at the Rouge is worth the visit.

It's against the law in many states which is why Tesla can't be sold in some states (direct sales to consumer model). Then there are also states that made carve outs for only Tesla (in GA, the law is for Tesla only, Rivian can't sell here).

Plus, I believe Ford (and the other 2) have dealership agreements where they can't sell direct to consumers.

Reaction score
Ok, I figure it's time for me to jump on this thread as well. I see others with MUCH less time gaps than i have. I'm getting quite fed up at this point. I was not prepared for this emotional stress lol! My truck has been ordered since Sept 22nd, in production since December 19th but STILL not "built" . I also made the mistake of selling my truck expecting this to arrive late Jan early Feb. Jokes on me now! The biggest tease is the order lookup page shows updated but there is no dang update

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240320_060247_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240320_060247_Chrome.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 23

Jdselig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's against the law in many states which is why Tesla can't be sold in some states (direct sales to consumer model). Then there are also states that made carve outs for only Tesla (in GA, the law is for Tesla only, Rivian can't sell here).

Plus, I believe Ford (and the other 2) have dealership agreements where they can't sell direct to consumers.
What you’re saying is mostly true but not what VJDWashington is asking. Porsche, BMW and I’m sure others after factory deliveries. All done through your local dealer. Shoot I know BMW even offers a European factory delivery. Again this isn’t a factory direct sale, just delivery. Not the same thing. Actually still pay the destination charge. You can drive the car home or still elect to have it transported after your factory delivery. Myself and I’m sure many others would love to take advantage of this. Plant tour would be neat.