2021 Agate Black, 37 pack, fully loaded, pics and opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To put this into perspective, for many of us, or at least me and two others that I know of...lol, this is our very first Raptor. So call it a Gen2.1, 3, 1, or whatever you want. It's 100% new for us so doesn't really matter.

However, I would say that doing a completely different suspension, live valve system, frame, wheel-travel, tires, interior, front end, fenders, and rear end it warrants the Gen3 name. And these changes are not subjective...

same drive train, same output....everything they have done is mods the aftermarket has...but Ok, it’s a gen 3....if I ever get the 5 link upgrade on my 2, I’ll call mine a gen 2.1.

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same drive train, same output....everything they have done is mods the aftermarket has...but Ok, it’s a gen 3....if I ever get the 5 link upgrade on my 2, I’ll call mine a gen 2.1.
Okay, so really this boils down to the power train for you. Everything around that can change but if engine/trans don't change then its not a new generation. To that I would say many vehicles accross pretty much every manufacturer would have to re-title their vehicle generation changes. It just doesn't make sense. It's like saying the Gen14 F150 is really a Gen13.1 (which has even less of a change than this Raptor had).

To each their own but I would say that every manufacturer would disagree with your logic.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you it was a huge let down the Gen 3 didn’t at least get a power bump on the engine. I’m going to answer your comment “everything they have done is mods the aftermarket has done.” with a quote from a key witness in the George Zimmerman trial.

Attachments

• AC18C983-0D45-47BB-B520-2B57937B72CC.jpeg
    AC18C983-0D45-47BB-B520-2B57937B72CC.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll leave this here for us retards. lol

View attachment 314850
You can also have an engine swap done aftermarket, along with just about anything else. So according to your logic there has never been a new generation vehicle because it can all be done without the manufacture being involved if someone wants to spend enough money. Quadricycle Gen 1.8173816 for everybody.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, please go ahead and do that to your Gen 2. I bet you’ll be in it at least another 20k. Using your same logic your truck is just a Gen 1.1 then. Got it.

A lot more than 20k, but 16" of travel that comes with it is not cheap...and then you are adding F&R bumpers, 40's, front bump stops, custom tune, Wilwood brakes and when done, you could have bought two stock Raptors or have one desert dominating ******.

I was looking for a Gen3 with 37, no one was selling around me without MSRP. Now I'll see what I can find when the R comes out. I'm on three dealers lists....along with a million others, LOL. The 21 and on will be a great truck, just like the Gen 1 & 2, I just don't think its a game changing design for the suspension....they were following Ram on that.