2020 Sync 3 Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can’t download version 3.4 the only one out is 3.3 and that’s available to download from ford owners site with your vin. The 3.4 version is out on the newer 2020 fords and the only way the raptors as of now can have it is through a hack.
So I have a 2019 Raptor that had ver 3.3 and the Available download from Ford is an updated for ver 3.3.
I went ahead and used the hack and now have the Ver 3.4 in my 2019 Raptor.
But I don't really like the color scheme used in ver 3.4. and would like to go back and load the updated ver 3.3 from the Ford site. Call me crazy.

Can I still do this after I loaded 3.4? Will it work? What would happened if I tried?
Anybody tried this?.....Going back.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never reported back after the ver 3 update, does that affect future update availability ?

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never reported back after the ver 3 update, does that affect future update availability ?
Thats what Im thinking.
Id like to go back and do ver 3 update and report back.
Then maybe to the 3.4 hack that i have now.

Last edited:

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Is it now bright blue at night? I really liked the blacked out night theme (my truck has only ever had 3.3). This is one of the few vehicles I've seen where the nav screen isn't obnoxiously bright at night (independent of brightness controls).

Hesitant to update.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the update , but my girl does not she likes the old version , she said it does not match the truck , and she does not like the bright blue either .

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it now bright blue at night? I really liked the blacked out night theme (my truck has only ever had 3.3). This is one of the few vehicles I've seen where the nav screen isn't obnoxiously bright at night (independent of brightness controls).

Hesitant to update.
Yes....It is bright blue at nite. You can change background shades but the bottom and top stay bright blue regardless.

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the update , but my girl does not she likes the old version , she said it does not match the truck , and she does not like the bright blue either .
Thats would be me.
I like the improvements...but not the bright blue. The color looks like add-on and not a Raptor color sceme.
Thats why Im wanting to change back to 3.3 version update. I still have 3.3 update on a separate USB but afraid to try for rear of messing it up.
Waiting for someone else to try first.