2020 Sync 3 Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirmed the above. The system has to completely shutdown before the splash screen will come up on boot.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good update , my favorite truck ive ever owned , but coming from a rebel with the 12 inch screen ,ford could update till the cows come home ,ram has them beat by a mile with there screen and smoothness

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good update , my favorite truck ive ever owned , but coming from a rebel with the 12 inch screen ,ford could update till the cows come home ,ram has them beat by a mile with there screen and smoothness

Can you guys confirm whether your only English language is “English (UK)”?

8d453e725473f94d58f1cf6e1cd5116a.jpge352084127857e897be7cd6130b238fb.jpg

Nickshu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the upgrade to 3.4 tonight on my 2019. Easy to upgrade but at first my Sirius XM would not work. When I tried to select XM by hitting the XM button on the touchscreen nothing would happen.

I did a reboot (hold power and >>) then drove around the block and XM picked up the Demo channel. Then I did a signal refresh from the XM website with the truck idling in the driveway. Works great now.

I got the Raptor screen at startup and shutdown right away, no issues. All settings I had in version 3.3 did not change including the Forscan modification of the heated/cooled seats on the touchscreen, those transferred right over.

Last edited:

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I did the update to 3.4 this evening also.
Had the issue with Sirius XM..
Working now after signal refresh.

Raptor Splash screen gave me issues at first as it only came on at first with a shutdown. Then after a reboot and leaving it shutdown for a while it was working again. But now its only working at shutdown again. IDK...Maybe it will work correctly in the morning

Touch Screen was very slow at first but now seems better after a while.

I do like the little tweeks I’ve noticed.

However...Those bright blue (Ford Blue) touch buttons along the bottom of the screen are a bit overwhelming to me. These Blue buttons do not coordinate with the Raptor interior as well as before IMO. You can set the Background color shades but the blue colors on this screen stand out to strong.
Oh Well....It is what it is.

Last edited:

Nickshu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
However...Those bright blue (Ford Blue) touch buttons along the bottom of the screen are a bit overwhelming to me. These Blue buttons do not coordinate with the Raptor interior as well as before IMO. You can set the Background color shades but the blue colors on this screen stand out to strong.
Oh Well....It is what it is.

I agree with you, I like the new styling and fonts which look more modern but the blue buttons are a bit much. Not really that bad but it's a trade off for the updated look I guess.

One thing I have never liked both on the old and new version is Ford has made no effort whatsoever to coordinate the colors, style, and background between the instrument cluster and the center touchscreen.

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you, I like the new styling and fonts which look more modern but the blue buttons are a bit much. Not really that bad but it's a trade off for the updated look I guess.

One thing I have never liked both on the old and new version is Ford has made no effort whatsoever to coordinate the colors, style, and background between the instrument cluster and the center touchscreen.

Yep