2020 collision assist help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mmm

Reaction score
2020 here. Collision assist warning came up on the dash. Problem is I dont have access to cruise control anymore. The option to take it off adaptive cruise is grayed out. I took it to the dealer and they said it it was "impact" damage and its not covered under warranty. They said the adaptive cruise control bracket was bent. I asked for pictures and could not see anywhere that the bracket was bent. I also removed the bumper valance and could not see any issues. I could care less about the collisn assist and just want cruise control back. super frustrated with ford on this. Anybody know of a way to get my cruise control back?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have any aftermarket parts on the front end or a lift? Any time the Cruise Control Module (CCM) is removed/installed or the ride height is altered, the CCM will need to be recalibrated. If the bracket is in fact bent, that will cause this issue as well. Not sure why they’d say the bracket is bent if it isn’t, must be more to the story.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this something new? I moved mine to the upper grill due to a bumper change, no issues whatsoever, never had it recalibrated and works fine...

OP
OP
M

Mmm

Reaction score
Do you have any aftermarket parts on the front end or a lift? Any time the Cruise Control Module (CCM) is removed/installed or the ride height is altered, the CCM will need to be recalibrated. If the bracket is in fact bent, that will cause this issue as well. Not sure why they’d say the bracket is bent if it isn’t, must be more to the story.
no aftermarket parts. error code says its misaligned in forscan so i did a recalibrate but it still throws error. If it says misaligned does that mean the radar is bad or just misaligned? I really just want regular cruise control back i could care less about the adaptive part it just wont let me change it as the option in the menu are grayed out.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this something new? I moved mine to the upper grill due to a bumper change, no issues whatsoever, never had it recalibrated and works fine...
No, the calibration procedure has always been required. I’m surprised yours is working! It will definitely not be as accurate if it’s moved and not calibrated.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no aftermarket parts. error code says its misaligned in forscan so i did a recalibrate but it still throws error. If it says misaligned does that mean the radar is bad or just misaligned? I really just want regular cruise control back i could care less about the adaptive part it just wont let me change it as the option in the menu are grayed out.
What DTC is it setting?

Small Town Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't get how the dealer claims impact damage when there is no mention of a damaged bumper. How can the sensor get damaged and not the bumper?

My brand new 2019 had a module fail days after I drove off the lot. It could be the module.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its B142e:78-af.
That DTC sets when the CCM horizontal alignment is outside of specification. There are only 2 steps in the diagnostics. The first is to remove the front bumper trim panel and check for damage to the CCM & bracket. If no damage is found, step 2 is to perform the CCM radar alignment procedure using the scan tool.

OP
OP
M

Mmm

Reaction score
That DTC sets when the CCM horizontal alignment is outside of specification. There are only 2 steps in the diagnostics. The first is to remove the front bumper trim panel and check for damage to the CCM & bracket. If no damage is found, step 2 is to perform the CCM radar alignment procedure using the scan tool.
That information is very helpful. I appreciate your input on this!! I will inspect the bracket and CCM again. Is there any way to know if the ccm is sending info to the truck? When I took it off the bracket there did not appear to be any damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter