GEN 2 2020 Auto Start/Stop Disable setting in cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mgkdds

Reaction score
Found it interesting that my 2020 had an option in the settings in the instrument cluster that will disable the auto start stop. Have not had any problems and does not ever come on. I was surprised to see this going through the cluster and settings. Relieved because I hate this feature and almost bought a forscan just for this.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Found it interesting that my 2020 had an option in the settings in the instrument cluster that will disable the auto start stop. Have not had any problems and does not ever come on. I was surprised to see this going through the cluster and settings. Relieved because I hate this feature and almost bought a forscan just for this.
Does it stay off after you cycle the key? Same option in the menu for all 17+ but it resets when you cycle the ignition.

OP
OP
mgkdds

mgkdds

Reaction score
Yes to my knowledge it stays off after cycle. Granted I just got it and have had only 2-3 ignition cycles. Its at the tint shop now but after I pick it up I will confirm

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i haven't gone through the system enough to see if you can turn off. So far i still have to hit the button and confirm on steering wheel every time i start the truck.

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went though the system and it will still do auto start stop, still have to hit the button then hit ok on steering wheel. However, it will not shut off if you are pressing brake just enough to stop rolling, with more force it will enable the star/stop function.

OP
OP
mgkdds

mgkdds

Reaction score
i went though the system and it will still do auto start stop, still have to hit the button then hit ok on steering wheel. However, it will not shut off if you are pressing brake just enough to stop rolling, with more force it will enable the star/stop function.

Well maybe thats what ive been doing. Damn I will have to check it again but ive been excited that my truck hasnt ever stopped since ive had the truck. Will test today after work. ill turn all my ac and heat off and really stomp on the brake hard.