2019 wheel choice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avalanchegrey

Reaction score
I have an AG color with beadlocks and it looks great on it. Even if you are not planning to do fun stuff that requires beadlocks, at least you know that It’s there when needed.
Have fun.

roxxxstr

Reaction score
I have a set of 20" Rotiform wheels with 35" Toyo Open Country tires with around 15k miles on them in amazing condition for sale. Make me an offer if interested. Location: Los Angeles, CA

0A1E5833-AF65-4DD7-912F-D19D3F298567.jpeg

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I 'd just buy the truck with the low end ones. For the cost of the upgrade for the beadlocks, you could go buy REALLY NICE new wheels and get the look you really want. Hell...if all you care about is looks you can probably find something in the $1,200 - $1,500 range and not worry about the weight. My truck had 20s on it when I bought it. I put 17s back on and couldn't be happier with the ride. I have the stock wheels sitting in my garage in case I ever sell it later and want to part out my aftermarket wheels.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you never off-road then get the base wheels. The bead-locks wheels are super heavy and also a $1900 option.

You sure about that? I thought they were lighter. They're also forged. BIG BIG difference between traditional cast, spun cast, & true forged AL wheels. I work in the AL manufacturing industry- let me tell you there is NO WAY you can buy a set of aftermarket wheels that are forged & beadlock capable that are equivalent to OEM quality for much cheaper than what they charge ya @ the dealer. Exhibit a) true high quality Forgestar RF5C's going for $1520+ shipping in dinky Jeep width..... https://www.ebay.com/itm/17-FORGEST...LER-/153313987720?vxp=mtr&hash=item23b239cc88

Many aftermarket wheel choices are shit quality Chinese made sand casted (not even high pressure casted) w/ thousands of micro fracture/fissures throughout & poor quality paint job.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do a search, they are about 8-10 pounds heavier than the base wheels.

sorry 5 pounds heavier. Here's a chart >> https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/lightweight-17-inch-wheel-options.67315/

I agree with everything you said except Ford did not follow the aftermarket forged as light as possible approach. :(

You sure about that? I thought they were lighter. They're also forged. BIG BIG difference between traditional cast, spun cast, & true forged AL wheels. I work in the AL manufacturing industry- let me tell you there is NO WAY you can buy a set of aftermarket wheels that are forged & beadlock capable that are equivalent to OEM quality for much cheaper than what they charge ya @ the dealer. Exhibit a) true high quality Forgestar RF5C's going for $1520+ shipping in dinky Jeep width..... https://www.ebay.com/itm/17-FORGEST...LER-/153313987720?vxp=mtr&hash=item23b239cc88

Many aftermarket wheel choices are shit quality Chinese made sand casted (not even high pressure casted) w/ thousands of micro fracture/fissures throughout & poor quality paint job.

Last edited:

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to buy a new white raptor. Any opinions on what wheels i should go with bead lock or the standard ? Only going to drive on road. Strictly concerned with what looks better on the white truck. Thanks

What area are you in? I have a White/Blue 19’ with the Gray beadlocks for sale.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do a search, they are about 8-10 pounds heavier than the base wheels.

I'm not surprised, just wasn't sure since they're same sizes, the design comes into play a bit in weight but again - they're truly forged wheels vs. plain sand cast. There are ways to make the forged wheels lighter w/ design, but spun/pressure casted forged wheels are typically heavier because they're denser. They don't break nearly as easy. Crappy cast wheels are known to crack on track cars due to stress while cornering.

It is all preference - for me I prefer having the most utilitaritan/rugged equipment possible vs. aesthetics or techy stuff.

The fact the OP was asking this question & there are only 2 options currently available leads me to believe you should go the cheaper route & browse around in meantime may find something that appeals more than either factory option- or if you decide you want the forged 17”s after the fact not like you can’t source them.

Some people run snows on these trucks- could also use the base wheels for snow tires get something else for rest of year....

Personally I think satin or gloss black w/ some accent color to them would look good on a white raptor w/ all the black trim that comes w/ it

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score