2019 vs 2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since Ford doesn't even have an electric F-150 out yet, I doubt an electric Raptor is coming out any time in the near future.

All speculation sites say 2021 is when we’ll see electric F-150.
usually any car generation lasts 6 years or so, so Gen2 is supposed to be replaced around 2023 with Gen3, no point in making gas Raptor if in 2022 the fugly Cybertruck will be on the road.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s a catch 22 in ways. Still produce a pure gas powered truck on the high end, for it to be only outdone by the standard line of electrics at least by power output and on road stats? Sure you can say most people don’t want to take an EV off roading yet, and lack of superchargers in the woods. I can see the Raptor to be one of the last gas powered F-150’s or maybe going hybrid at most for a long while. Ford doesn’t have to make its truck an all in one as the limited production EV manufactures do. There will always be give and take with this build model.

MG21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a new Mag Gray 19' for $63.5. 802A, Heated Rear Seats, Tail Gate Step, pano roof are the only options which is fine. Its a 9 hr drive so shipping it would be about the same as a flight+hotel+fuel. I was hoping to trade my 15' lariat in to make it less work on my end.

Good Deal?

Can you buy the black Raptor Wheels later?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sounds like good pricing to me for a nicely loaded 802A. Are you taking about the bead lock capable wheels? To buy them new from a dealer will probably be ridiculous in price. But many people take off like new sets and upgrade to aftermarket wheels. So you should find a set floating around here sooner or later. Or you can go aftermarket. I personally like the factory bead lock wheels, but you have options.

MG21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like good pricing to me for a nicely loaded 802A. Are you taking about the bead lock capable wheels? To buy them new from a dealer will probably be ridiculous in price. But many people take off like new sets and upgrade to aftermarket wheels. So you should find a set floating around here sooner or later. Or you can go aftermarket. I personally like the factory bead lock wheels, but you have options.

Yeah the factory Beadlock wheels.....This truck has the standard wheels which look ok....I didn't care for the 17 or 18 headlock wheels but the 19's look sweet IMO!

Gonna hopefully test drive one locally today just to make sure. I might try to get that dealer to throw in a spray bed liner.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny you mention that. The last thing I asked for was a linex spray in to be tossed in. It’s only 500 bucks retail, so to close a deal I’m sure they will do it. Spray in is best I think and I wasn’t always for it in the past.

Even if you don’t need the bead locks, which most people don’t. I think it’s rugged styling fits the truck nicely. Completes my Magnetic Gray monochromatic look.

Again you can find these wheels here from time to time as take off’s. But decide what is important to you before you buy.

MG21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention that. The last thing I asked for was a linex spray in to be tossed in. It’s only 500 bucks retail, so to close a deal I’m sure they will do it. Spray in is best I think and I wasn’t always for it in the past.

Even if you don’t need the bead locks, which most people don’t. I think it’s rugged styling fits the truck nicely. Completes my Magnetic Gray monochromatic look.

Again you can find these wheels here from time to time as take off’s. But decide what is important to you before you buy.

I don't need the deadlock wheels, i dont need a raptor....its a 100% want. I have a 15' Lariat with a v8 and it fits all my needs, but the Raptor is the only vehicle that really turns my head when i see them which is daily in CO lol.

Did you get the bedlinen?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear ya. When I started looking at a new truck, I wanted something different and certainly not boring. While I may not need all the capability of the truck, I certainly had a want. But I will hopefully put it to use.

Since you have been able to eyeball them in a daily basis, I’m sure you know what colors you like!

MG21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. When I started looking at a new truck, I wanted something different and certainly not boring. While I may not need all the capability of the truck, I certainly had a want. But I will hopefully put it to use.

Since you have been able to eyeball them in a daily basis, I’m sure you know what colors you like!

Yeah mostly mag gray....lead foot I'm back and forth on.

Wife has a black explorer sport....thats out LOL!

I work in oil and gas and everyone has white trucks so that's out.....

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Leadfoots are nice and back for 2020. Magnetic well I have one. Was never much for white and work trucks are mostly white, but the Raptor has a lot of detail and other pieces on it that accent against white very nicely.