2019 vs 2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once that sound is silenced it will be gone. Luckily I keep a little something in the garage to take me back!

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have my own speculation, no V8 in Gen2 and probably not even Gen3, since Ford will lunch all-electric F-150 in 2021 there is no way anyone will buy a slower version of the truck just cause the badge says “Raptor”, and it will be slower cause Ford can’t have their electric mainstream truck much behind the fugly Tesla truck, so it will be all-electric or at least hybrid with the current V6 twin turbos and my guess around the 550HP.
2021 - Super Raptor. Gen 2 with the GT500 Supercharged V8. Limited run. WATCH... it's happening...

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 - Super Raptor. Gen 2 with the GT500 Supercharged V8. Limited run. WATCH... it's happening...
IF that happens, it will super expensive, super limited, and the mark ups will be outrageous. the one thing no one has brought up about a crazy powerful Raptor is the top speed will still be relatively low. "holy cow this thing is so fast" and its over. yes i know you can remove the top speed limiter but ford will gladly void your warranty when they find out.

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score

maybe but what’s the point in getting one if a year or so later they will introduce an all electric or hybrid version that will smoke any gas engine?
i saw the Gen2 in a car show in Dallas back in March 2015, it was clear i’m not getting a Gen1 or a Rebel right than at the car show :)

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IF that happens, it will super expensive, super limited, and the mark ups will be outrageous. the one thing no one has brought up about a crazy powerful Raptor is the top speed will still be relatively low. "holy cow this thing is so fast" and its over. yes i know you can remove the top speed limiter but ford will gladly void your warranty when they find out.
Totally agreed. I'm not buying one, just saying it sounds like its happening. All I now is that something crazy is coming out in 2021 from what I heard. The rest is internet speculation.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe but what’s the point in getting one if a year or so later they will introduce an all electric or hybrid version that will smoke any gas engine?
i saw the Gen2 in a car show in Dallas back in March 2015, it was clear i’m not getting a Gen1 or a Rebel right than at the car show :)
Since Ford doesn't even have an electric F-150 out yet, I doubt an electric Raptor is coming out any time in the near future.