2019 Raptor Shelby Wow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow - so I had a Shelby f150 for a brief time and would say it’s not worth it. On resale dealers will trade as if you have a regular raptor with some aftermarket parts - trust my I know this.

The best part of the 2019 from the video is the instrument cluster. Outside of that just do the upgrades you want and get a 2019 for live shocks.

OP
OP
K

kingrichards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow - so I had a Shelby f150 for a brief time and would say it’s not worth it. On resale dealers will trade as if you have a regular raptor with some aftermarket parts - trust my I know this.

The best part of the 2019 from the video is the instrument cluster. Outside of that just do the upgrades you want and get a 2019 for live shocks.

Dude we’re NOT talking about the F150 SHELBY ,,We’re talking about Raptor Shelby!!

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah - I know what we are taking about. The Shelby brand on resale - either the Raptor or the f150 will be the same. Do you have an experience that’s different with some one trading in a 2018 raptor Shelby and not taking a bath in it?

You think when you spend 105k-115k on one that in a year or two you would get any more than 75k for it?

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine upgrades:
Air intake
Inter cooler
Increased turbo size.

The only thing they added to increase the power is the larger turbos. But, how much larger? Does the turbo swap increase the 75 hp? And, hasn't the turbo swap caused engine failure sooner than expected? Hasn't someone posted on this? if I remember right.

If so, isn't someone buying and paying way too much for a future boat anchor?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine upgrades:
Air intake
Inter cooler
Increased turbo size.

The only thing they added to increase the power is the larger turbos. But, how much larger? Does the turbo swap increase the 75 hp? And, hasn't the turbo swap caused engine failure sooner than expected? Hasn't someone posted on this? if I remember right.

If so, isn't someone buying and paying way too much for a future boat anchor?

Where did you get this information from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What info? The engine mods?
If so, in the video the guy tells you what mods they performed.
As for the other stuff, the problems with increasing turbo size, there are threads in here about it. there are threads about cold air intake doing nothing to increase hp as well.

charliebrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with most on this thread. To me, it’s not a good looking truck. I’m sure Shelby did some engineering but other than the power increase, there is nothing on this truck I want. Personal taste applies of course but that hood and the rest of the looks just don’t do it for me. I think a stock raptor looks like a much better package.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not my cup of tea...I think the truck looks ugly also...don't like the 18 wheels, the lift kit, the hood...and don't like the bumpers...