2019 Raptor Shelby Wow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
im pretty sure the salesman is referring to the 2018+ turbos producing 75 more hp when tuned. seems something changed with the turbos and thus, most of the engine builders out there upgrading gen2 raptors are recommending the 2018+ turbos.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine upgrades:
Air intake
Inter cooler
Increased turbo size.

The only thing they added to increase the power is the larger turbos. But, how much larger? Does the turbo swap increase the 75 hp? And, hasn't the turbo swap caused engine failure sooner than expected? Hasn't someone posted on this? if I remember right.

If so, isn't someone buying and paying way too much for a future boat anchor?

Yeah this actually isn't true, Shelby doesn't touch the turbo's. Its a tune that makes that, he has no idea what he's talking about. It says nothing about touching the turbos on Shelby's site.

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah this actually isn't true, Shelby doesn't touch the turbo's. Its a tune that makes that, he has no idea what he's talking about. It says nothing about touching the turbos on Shelby's site.
Agree the tunes can get the horse power to 525 without any supercharge / turbo changes

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
proffesional horse power tunning devices. But doing it will void your warranty
I have one and I don't think it increased the hp to 525.

Look at the Whipple thread in the engine page.
The dyno graph after the tune it was underwhelming.

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also believe it’s because they have a functional ram air hood that directs cold air into the intake.

Wouldn’t adding a throttle spacer, cold air intake, borla exhaust and tune get you to the 525 crank? I am sure that’s what they did.

yellowssm

Reaction score
I’d like to hear from someone that actually has seat time in the new 19 shocks vs the fox 3.0’s. Wonder which one omen is actually better on and off road

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d like to hear from someone that actually has seat time in the new 19 shocks vs the fox 3.0’s. Wonder which one omen is actually better on and off road
That's a tough one! This will be hard because most people who bought 3.0s did if for their 2018, while people getting live shocks purchased 19.
Have to have two of our members meet up to compare them!