2019 Raptor purchase?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
14k on my 2018 now purchased w/ 5. It’s my first new Ford product & first Ford full size truck- I’ve driven/owned 7 GM 1/2 tons drive & 2 ford rangers - I’ve driven ford superduty &!f150 for work (landscaping/demo/metals) have a good friend who’s a die hard mopar guy drives a ‘17 ram & I have to say in general GM has slightly nicer interiors (than ford- not dodge) the best V8s- hands down (not the best sounding- that goes to dodge), ford has less fancy but better quality running/switchgear in general- the window surrounds on a ram/Sierra are metal/chrome/plastic combo- F150s all rubber- but fords stuff holds up better durability-wise IMO, I think they’re very close in terms of quality just go about it different ways, but even w/ the fancy interiors & IRS I am not impressed w/ dodge in form a quality standpoint; better than they were? Sure, but still not up to par IMO

JPete

Reaction score
U know where this thread will go when it started... gotta have faith at some point... no guarantee on any vehicles... how many ecoboost engines are on the road today? Yet some V8 guys constantly bash them. Gets old.. u have warranty with it... no guarantees in life my man...

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's keep this on topic please, it's getting feisty in here.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 3k on my 2019 Raptor and it’s been perfect. Zero issues and I’m a very particular dude too. Okay, one small issue is a little paint spec on the hood but it can be polished out. No mechanical or electrical issues at all.
Coming from several GM trucks (which were all great especially that beautiful 6.2L V8), I’ve been apprehensive dipping my toe in the Ford water, but it’s been good so far.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I think they’re very close in terms of quality just go about it different ways, but even w/ the fancy interiors & IRS I am not impressed w/ dodge in form a quality standpoint;

Does Ram have Independent Rear Suspension now? Our '16 had coil springs and a solid axle housing, not IRS.

OP
OP
G

gtbguy

Reaction score
I'm going with a 2019, at this time I'm just waiting to see what happens to pricing between now and December. There are so many new 2019s that I have to believe prices will soften up. The dealers that talk to me tell me, NO WAY the prices will not go lower, and they've never seen these kind of prices on a new Raptor and its unheard of. They could be right, I've never understood dealer motivations. After all, you can still find a few new 2018s and dealers aren't to motivated to get rid of these.

I'm just an ole' retired guy looking for the best price.