2019 Raptor purchase?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
="gtbguy, post: 1397032, member: 35867

I honestly think Gen 1 owners are going to fare the best. The V8s seem to be doing fairly well and the values will likely do better over the long haul.

Agree that residuals the first few years of the gen 1 will be hard to match.

But a used 1st year Gen2 will always be worth more than the last year Gen1.

Last edited:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope wasnt me, not a troll. Just giving my point of view. I've heard about consistent issues with the 2nd Gen. You dont have to agree with it.

the other guy made clames of a V8 that never happened. Let’s see your source. Curious if you use the same ones. I’ll wait.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Checkout the Ford Authority page , they're testing a new V8 for the 3rd Gen right now. So suck it.

A few lines from ford authority article about it. Anonymous source with no details or specs... sounds like FAKE News.

“Sources familiar with Ford product plans speaking to Ford Authority on the basis of anonymity”

“Our sources gave no details on specifications for the engine if it were to land in the F-150 Raptor, but said that it would be safe to assume”

Anyway, O.P. If you want a Raptor go get one. 2020 doesn’t appear to be bringing big changes. If you set around waiting for the newest thing you’ll never have one. With that said, if 2020 was going to be doing an overhaul I would say wait but I don’t think we will be seeing the new interior and facelift that has been running around until 2021 MY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Checkout the Ford Authority page , they're testing a new V8 for the 3rd Gen right now. So suck it.

so no real source but coming to the forums claiming it’s a sure thing. I’m sure you’re the same troll now lmao. Or maybe one just as clueless Take your pick. Either way you’re a troll who has no idea what they’re talking about.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The twin turbo v6 is a better motor in any way you want to try and measure it. V8 fanboys are just uneducated people trying to live in decades past.

I have had 5 vehicles with the 3.5 Eb motor with over 300,000 miles of real world experience. There are no systemic issues. just random one offs that you would expect with a motor with 1,000,000 units sold every year.