2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why does everybody keep calling it Alcantara?

Shouldn't we be calling it polyester?

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alcantara is the marketing version of the 1970's Corinthian Leather....aka.....pleather (plastic leather).

Can't charge more for it if you don't give it a fancy name.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tfKHBB4vt4c

2thfixr

Reaction score
Funny... you should complain the raptor seats are too wide. the GT350 is notorious for having narrow recaros. A lot of guys say they can’t fit their ass in the seat because the seat bottom is narrow so they can’t buy the car. The side bolsters are huge too. Honestly you have to be a contortionist to get into the car. LOL!

That was my biggest concern with the Raptor Recaros. The seat bottom is just as flat as the 2017 seats so not an issue but the side bolsters are quite a bit larger. Might make it tougher to get in and out of the truck or create excess wear on the side bolster.

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Interesting...did some quick googling and seems I was wrong and talking out my big American ass. Alcantara holds up similar to leather and takes less effort to clean.

Looks like I'll be ordering mine with the new Alcantara seats!

Are you going to do a Raptor ordering guide and post it to reddit like you did your Porsche? I'd love to read it.:biggrin:

Already posted it a few pages back. Here it is again.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

My friend used to have an Mitsubishi Evo and loved his Alcantara. You the Sti, the other guy on here his Porsche. All the bad comments came from Mustang owners, maybe Fords Alcantara source is bad?

I’m looking for an excuse I’ll most likely get em haha
Nope the alcantara in my GT350 is holding up just as well as the alcantara in my Porsche. Its a great material but I will say I hate the alcantara GT350 steering wheel. Not because of the fabric itself but it’s thinner than a leather Mustang wheel. I prefer the full leather wheel.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The alcantara in my 2014 F150 Tremor held up fine. It's just a fancy name for suede.

2thfixr

Reaction score
I doubt light output will be anything near aftermarket levels. I’m probably going with the triple light units where you can choose spot, fog and driving lights. Only problem is they seem to be $1k+.

OP
OP
Jake17

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
I’m probably going with the triple light units where you can choose spot, fog and driving lights. Only problem is they seem to be $1k+.
no need to spend anywhere close to that :crazy:

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited: