2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rhyu

Reaction score
I’ve had alcantara in my Porsches and my GT350 with zero issues. It holds up very well. For me the decision was easy, less about material or color more about increased side bolstering. I drove a 2018 raptor for about 40 miles and felt it was soft and floaty in turns. The side bolstering will help for sure.

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

i didn’t see fog lights in the order guide... where did you see this info?

Interesting...did some quick googling and seems I was wrong and talking out my big American ass. Alcantara holds up similar to leather and takes less effort to clean.

Looks like I'll be ordering mine with the new Alcantara seats!

Are you going to do a Raptor ordering guide and post it to reddit like you did your Porsche? I'd love to read it.:biggrin:

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually, dealers can place as many orders as they like in the system. They can take 100 refundable deposits and make 100 build sheets but if the dealer is allocated 10 then its 10. Its not good practice but it happens every year somewhere. Also, the dealer can opt to sell its allocation to another dealer negating the build.

Ford will request orders from the dealer as their production schedule allows, and the dealer will select which ones they wan to send. Hopefully their orders take match their allocation amount and they submit in the order received but often times highest bidder may go first.

Until your order is officially submitted upon request and you actually have a VIN assigned nothing is solid. Until then its just an un enforceable handshake between you and the dealer.
Thanks for the info, I guess my dealer is being honest with me. He claims I will be in the first batch of allocation when he gets it. The guy I am dealing with is supposed to be the guy that orders all the vehicles for the dealer. Just a little nervous when I am not there to look him in the face when he answers.

Danner

Reaction score
Problem is the bolster will be so big. I'm 6'2 185 and most cars have a lot of wiggle room. Being a truck I'm sure these will be even larger. Some new cars have electric fitting bolsters. As much as I hate extra features especially power seats electronically controlled bolsters are the only good ones unless you get lucky and they are fitting.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem is the bolster will be so big. I'm 6'2 185 and most cars have a lot of wiggle room. Being a truck I'm sure these will be even larger. Some new cars have electric fitting bolsters. As much as I hate extra features especially power seats electronically controlled bolsters are the only good ones unless you get lucky and they are fitting.

Yeah I agree with the adjustable bolsters.
It’s weird, I find that the new trucks are getting to be such wide bodies that seat bolsters are needed much more. I have to keep my left knee pushed out at the door to remain stable.

Even sitting on an old bench seat in the 80’s era trucks seemed to be better simply because you were up against the door when centered on the wheel. Just have to gain some weight I guess lol.

Remix5x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn you guys are convincing meet to get the Recaro seats now. I like the way they look my problem is, I’ve been reading on here that people who have them on their mustangs claim that they fade and look like absolute **** after two years. Do you guys think that’s true?

I’m 50/50 right now, need to make my decision soon so it’s updated on the DORA.

Danner

Reaction score
I've had Alcantara seats since my 2005 STi and never had them fade or wear. In my opinion if your truck is actually a truck and for real work I would not get them. Most people use trucks as cars these days and the interior options reflect that. Order your seats according to what type of truck user you are. I don't use my trucks as cars so I cannot get fancy Interior anything.

Remix5x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had Alcantara seats since my 2005 STi and never had them fade or wear. In my opinion if your truck is actually a truck and for real work I would not get them. Most people use trucks as cars these days and the interior options reflect that. Order your seats according to what type of truck user you are. I don't use my trucks as cars so I cannot get fancy Interior anything.

My friend used to have an Mitsubishi Evo and loved his Alcantara. You the Sti, the other guy on here his Porsche. All the bad comments came from Mustang owners, maybe Fords Alcantara source is bad?

I’m looking for an excuse I’ll most likely get em haha