2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never understood why CA cars need extra emissions? Aren't all cars 50 state legal these days?

No. The Clean Air Act lets California set more strict air pollution standards than Federal EPA subject to EPA approval. The EPA granted California the waiver. The result is a crazy standard that includes special catalytic converters, which must have the CARB stamp and serial number. If you’ve ever had to replace a cat on a CA emission car, you’ll see that it’s more expensive. If you replace it with a cheaper Fed emission cat, that car can’t be sold in California even as a used car until it gets a CARB cat.

Fortunately, many states have a blanket law that says cars sold in its state must meet California CARB standards whatever that may be. It’d be hard to find a new car that isn’t CARB approved since it would foul up sales in multiple states.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that all the Raptors are the same but for some reason some window stickers state 'California Emission System - INCLUDED'. As far as I know, all you need to do if importing a truck to California is get it weighed, SMOG tested and pay the fees unless your out of state dealer already collected them from you.

turn-r-us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just spoke to technical at Fox. They stated the shocks are made by them obviously but the brain is made by Ford. They are not certain how adding a perch collar would affect the shocks function. However they did say on pre 2019 Gen 2 they would not recommend anything more than 1.5 inch because it take the shock out of its rec range.

Jlreb

Reaction score
just spoke to technical at Fox. They stated the shocks are made by them obviously but the brain is made by Ford. They are not certain how adding a perch collar would affect the shocks function. However they did say on pre 2019 Gen 2 they would not recommend anything more than 1.5 inch because it take the shock out of its rec range.
Thanks for reaching out as one of the things I wanted to do was 1.5 collars and was wondering how that might effect things. Good to hear what they had to say.

Urban

Reaction score
2019 raptor. —- Put mine in 8/28/18. Got pulled for Scheduling early October. Then oct 14 got my window sticker. Build date 10/28.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea i saw. I made the mistake of going with a dealer (family friend) that didnt even exist last year so they sold a total of 0 Raptors. Id be surprised if i get scheduled this year.