2019 Electronic Front shock sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ladderco6

Reaction score
A868C38B-1472-43F0-8962-5DF113C4DB08.jpeg 019BE0FB-2C4F-497C-BFF1-A777971A45A4.jpeg Has anybody seen this before? I was looking down at the right front coilover looking at the suspension sensing rods. They tell when your truck is in heavy compression or recoil and give the computer feedback to harden or soften your shock damper. Well if you look at the bolt my fingers pointing at, it was not connected on the passenger side! The rod coming off the sensor was just hanging down swinging in the air! I had to remove the bolt near my finger to install it in the proper location. That means the first two months of driving this truck I had no electronic suspension control on the passenger side! I took it for a quick blast and it’s a noticeable improvement on bumps!
Cmon Ford! $70,000 for a truck and you can’t even install the entire suspension control system? Everyone better check there trucks! I’m sure I’m not the only one!

Smokey

Reaction score
/immediately goes outside to check suspension/

just picked up my '19 last week. no issues on mine.

you'd think there's some QC process at Ford that shoulda caught that.

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked mine. Fronts are ok. Do you know if there is a similar sensor in the rear?

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive read more they only do Random QC on the Raptors now at the end of the line. The rest get shipped with no further checks.

Aloha, HT

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just messing around I unbolted mine so that I could manipulate the position sensors manually. Tried all the way up and all the way down and it made no difference in the on-road driving quality. I also unplugged both sensors, which resulted in loss of driving modes and a weirdly bumpy ride.

OP
OP
Ladderco6

Ladderco6

Reaction score
I imagine it would be pretty hard to notice anything on road driving straight ahead. The sensors are more for detecting sudden drops of the suspension indicating that the has or is about to go airborne therefore making them harder to absorb the impact during the landing. With the passenger side not connecting, as I found my truck from the factory, I noticed the difference on high speed cornering more as the truck wasn’t dipping so much on the passenger side making sweeping right turns.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First gen quality from SVT was Much higher than gen 2. First gen was bought by enthusiasts and they lost a lot of that group with gen2. The cost brings in many professionals who don’t know their ass from a hole in the ground. Many don’t even know how to do a simple oil change.