GEN 2 2019 Eibach to Collars (extremely stiff)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

galan.kelley

Reaction score
Traded my 17 for a 19 and loved the ride for the first 2k miles, then the upgrades started. I installed Eibach’s at about 2k miles and ran them for about 12k miles, I liked the ride in the beginning, but something changed about 6k miles into it. The ride deteriorated drastically, felt really stiff. So, after some conversations, I decided to take the Eibach’s off and went back to the stock springs and installed an adjustable collar. That was a big mistake! I know changing springs and / or adding collars will stiffen the ride some, but it this bad.

It’s acting like the shocks are locked in full droop or something to that effect.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Then, there is the option to just delete the Live Valve and rebuild and install my Fox 3.0 Race Series shocks I took off my 17 before I traded it in. But trying to keep the Live Valve if possible.

Any help / advice is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to do a shock relearn (don't know the specific name) the suspension doesn't know where it is in its range of travel, so they may be "locked out"

OP
OP
G

galan.kelley

Reaction score
I spoke with someone at Baja HQ yesterday and he told me to disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes, so I did that and left it for an hour. I don’t think it worked, still seems to be more stiff than when I was running the Eibach’s. But I haven’t had a chance to get it off road yet, this is just in town this morning.

Called and tried to ask the dealership and that act like it’s a top secret process and said if there isn’t a fault showing up or a warning light then nothing is wrong. Lol

Starting to regret upgrading to Live Valve, but not giving up just yet.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I remember reading about it somewhere here in the forum.

I think it was press the ignition button with your foot off the brake.

Then press the brake pedal and release, then cycle ignition off.

I might have it wrong, do a search and if you happen to find it please link or repost reset sequence here, thanks.

Brett Rahn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reset mine after collars and springs in back and what we were told was to hit ignition button with foot off brake and let truck power up without starting. We could here the shocks motor running etc then powered it down and did same a second time. Then power down and the start it and it was fine.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I found the post:

"First thing to do is a shock reset.

Simply sit in the truck without foot on the brake. Ignition On without Engine Start. Then Ignition Off.

According to RPG, this will reset the sensors in the shocks and it can usually correct the feeling of the shocks after install."

Reseting the live valve shocks

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

galan.kelley

Reaction score
That’s for the info! Tried the reset and that didn’t help, can’t get it into the shop for 3 weeks.

Does the DID delete the sensors to use non-Live Valve shocks, or can you still run Live Valve and it just corrects the ride height?